I'm jonesing for a new phone. Currently have the 8330 on Alltel. I have enable the GPS as per the instructions somewhere else on this forum and like having it. My question is, if I switch over to Verizon and get the storm I'm I going to have GPS like I have with my curve on alltel?

Basically I do a lot of texting, mmsing (pics) and use Google maps a lot. Am I going to be satisfied with the Storm?

Thanks
    06-27-09 03:24 PM
    GPS on the storm comes unlocked. So you can install Google Maps and use it straight out of the box.
    06-27-09 03:26 PM
    GPS on the Storm is awesome! I really like VZNav!! It is a great tool and you can download google maps and other 3rd party GPS apps.
    06-27-09 03:28 PM
    Is GPS going to be unlocked by Verizon on the Tour?
    06-27-09 03:37 PM
    Wow you guys/gals are quick. Thanks for the info
    06-27-09 03:46 PM
    Is GPS going to be unlocked by Verizon on the Tour?
    yes...most likely

i believe everything after the storm will have gps enabled
    06-27-09 03:54 PM
    GPS on the Storm is awesome! I really like VZNav!! It is a great tool and you can download google maps and other 3rd party GPS apps.
    Got the opportunity to run VZNav on the Storm side by side with a Garmin stand-a-lone unit on a trip recently. Amazing what little difference there was, and much of it in the Storm's favor. The Garmin BB app is supposed to be pretty good also, but either one needs data access to get the maps, where the stand-a-lone has them built in. Still, the Garmin app would be cheaper over the life of the phone, and it is pretty expensive to update the stand-a-lone.

GPS on the Storm has been handy for me! I think the OP will find it likewise.
    06-27-09 04:43 PM
    Does the iphone 3gS have a GpS chip? Or is done by trianglation with cell towers?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-09 06:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD