Does the play book come pre loaded with gps and voice guided direction/navigation software?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-11 02:30 PM
    Nothing has been announced about this.
    03-22-11 02:39 PM
    Speaking of GPS, based on the press release, it is included on all models, which is nice. I know some Wifi-only tablets from some competitor have GPS stripped.
    03-22-11 03:09 PM
    Not announced yet, I think!
    03-22-11 03:12 PM
    Would be nice to see Garmin come out with a Playbook app for Navigation. Of course if they could say one was definitely coming out it would help me justify dropping an extra $100 down for the 64GB model as mapping files can be a few gigs by themselves. I think that RIM should go ahead and release a list of Apps that will be available and sizes so we can get an idea what type of storage would be needed.
    03-22-11 03:18 PM
    Garmin app would def be nice. Wouldn't even mind a full functioning Google Maps app. Maybe cache the needed routes and poi along the route. I do remember when I used to use TomTom on my windows mobile phone back in the day US maps were around 2GB so not bad if that was to be released for the playbook.
    03-22-11 03:33 PM
    I have garmin on my torch and it is ok, I just wished they had a voice turn by turn direction from google
    03-22-11 08:24 PM
    I'm sure there will be third-party apps (hopefully waze will be there), but I doubt there will be a native app... Then again, I wouldn't have thought there'd be a native weather app, but there is.
    03-23-11 09:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD