Ever since the last 2 or 3 "official" Verizon operating systems (currently using 5.0.0.973) it seems my GPS is in some kind of sleep mode when I try to use apps like Greenfinder, Poynt, BerryWeather and now the "Places" function in facebook.

Generally, it takes multiple attempts/extended time, to lock onto a position.

I've never had this problem in the past, the phone always found my location almost instantly.

Verizon sent me a replacement phone (8530) just last week, but it's failing like my previous one.

Has anyone experienced this problem or am I imagining it?
    11-15-10 09:58 AM
    Ever since the last 2 or 3 "official" Verizon operating systems (currently using 5.0.0.973) it seems my GPS is in some kind of sleep mode when I try to use apps like Greenfinder, Poynt, BerryWeather and now the "Places" function in facebook.

Generally, it takes multiple attempts/extended time, to lock onto a position.

I've never had this problem in the past, the phone always found my location almost instantly.

Verizon sent me a replacement phone (8530) just last week, but it's failing like my previous one.

Has anyone experienced this problem or am I imagining it?
    Its not your imagination. My 8530 is doing the same thing. Just noticed it last night with the facebook places. I haven't looked much to see if there is a work around. Maybe someone can chime in and help us out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-10 07:00 PM
    So now that we know I'm not imagining this problem, does anyone have a solution?
    11-16-10 07:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD