what is the best app for the blackberry which shows where friends are using GPS? my friend had one on his iphone last night that was able to show where our other friend was at a festival. ive heard of mapquest findme? what are some other ones?
    08-16-09 04:01 PM
    what is the best app for the blackberry which shows where friends are using GPS? my friend had one on his iphone last night that was able to show where our other friend was at a festival. ive heard of mapquest findme? what are some other ones?
    Google maps has a feature built into the app called "latitude" that does that very thing for free. Works with anyone running google maps app so your buddy on the iphone could use it too.
    08-16-09 04:04 PM
    Google latitude might work for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 04:04 PM
    Also a separate app I guess Google Latitude
    08-16-09 04:06 PM
    cool thanks for the replys. google maps latitude seems to be the concensus. it looks like what he had on the iphone, so i am downloading it now
    08-16-09 04:13 PM
    Google maps has a feature built into the app called "latitude" that does that very thing for free. Works with anyone running google maps app so your buddy on the iphone could use it too.
    I thought that Latitude wasn't out for the iPhone yet. Did they just do a software release or something?
    08-16-09 05:49 PM
    This is very cool... must try it out.
    08-16-09 08:29 PM
    Kind of creepy
    08-16-09 08:32 PM
    Kind of creepy
    You can turn it on/off. BBM 5.0 has something similar, allowing it to indicate your location when requested or when you are close to eachother.
    08-16-09 08:57 PM
    I've found Lattitude to be pretty inaccurate as far as location goes. VERY inaccurate. Goes more off cell tower location than actual location.
    08-16-09 09:48 PM
    I've found Lattitude to be pretty inaccurate as far as location goes. VERY inaccurate. Goes more off cell tower location than actual location.
    Just the opposite here...Just made a trip up the east coast with the GPS turned on and Latitude running on the Storm. I left the mapping stuff running on my home PC, telling my wife to check that to see where I was instead of calling every 10 minutes to ask where I was...

So instead of calling every 10 min to ask where I was, she called every 30 min to ask if I had really just passed road XXX or went thru town YYY...

It was right every time...except for when I lost signal in the mountains between PA and MD...there she said a big circle appeared at my last location, and it didnt update till I got signal back...which makes sense..no signal at all, no update to location...

Was pretty cool, and worked alot better than I expected...Will be using it on all my trips.
    08-16-09 11:08 PM
    It depends. If you aren't using your GPS then it will default to aGPS and use the cell towers to poorly triangulate your position. When I have my GPS on it is within a few feet of where I am.
    08-17-09 08:57 AM
    latitude works great for me, sometimes shows cell tower location instead of gps. i have it update my location on facebook every time i open google maps
    08-17-09 10:44 AM
    Latitude and Maps work great for me and the accuracy is pretty spot on.

Only when I am indoors will it get my position off Towers.
    08-17-09 11:40 AM
    If you're in the US, try Loopt
    08-17-09 01:19 PM
    Just my two cents...

From my experience with my Storm and wifes Tour, Google Latitude will use your aGPS location if it's a background app (big giant faded circle). If you open Latitude, it will then begin sending actual GPS coordinates.

anyone else able to back this up? I'd really like to be able to disable aGPS phone-wide and require GPS locks.
    08-17-09 03:19 PM
    Just my two cents...

From my experience with my Storm and wifes Tour, Google Latitude will use your aGPS location if it's a background app (big giant faded circle). If you open Latitude, it will then begin sending actual GPS coordinates.

anyone else able to back this up? I'd really like to be able to disable aGPS phone-wide and require GPS locks.
    If I don't have clear view of the sky then I get aGPS otherwise I get GPS everytime.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 05:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD