I have received a BlueNext 901S Bluetooth GPS device for use with my BB 8520 Curve (for use in the UK) and am struggling with it!! My BB has located the device and says it is connected, but the GPS is not showing as connected and sits in pairing mode. Any advice? I have looked in the Bluetooth/GPS settings on the BlackBerry and there isn't an option to use the BlueNext as my GPS device. Any ideas?

Thanks

Faye
    11-04-09 04:26 AM
    Your 8520 doesn't have GPS!
    11-04-09 04:30 AM
    I know... hence the reason I bought an external GPS receiver as detailed in my original post.
    11-04-09 06:17 AM
    Tripster: Read the post next time!!

Hello Fa... i mean Twinklystars have you tried putting the GPS recieve Closer to your Blackberry?

ToaD
    11-04-09 06:30 AM
    They are right next to each other... my handheld thinks they are paired and connected but the connection lights on the GPS don't show. It just stays in pairing mode.

Anyone have any other ideas?
    11-04-09 08:54 AM
    Sounds like the GPS is foobar. If the unit shows paired, the gps should show paired as well. Exchange it for one that works. Are you confusing the satellite acquisition light blinking with the units not being paired???
    11-04-09 10:07 AM
    There's another thread on the 8520 forum with someone with the same problem. Have a look for it, I can't as browsing via slow WAP. I don't think there was an answer, and it sounds now as though there's an issue perhaps with this external GPS device.

Tripster: 8520's work great with external GPS receivers. A good positive is your battery won't wear down like others I've read about as the receiver has it's own power supply.

Works great, of course if compatible. My Freedom Keychain has worked from day one, am sure others do too.

Hope you get this sorted Twinklystars as it adds a whole new dimension to your phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 04:26 PM
    Hi There, I to have a curve 8520 and am trying to set up an external gps receiver-

Existing gps that I used to use with my PDA wont work with the 8520-
    Bought another that was supposed to work-bluenext as in the other thread-that dont work-
    Now bought a freedom 2000 keyring one-apparently from these forums this will work!!!-I aint holding my breath!!!!.

e mailed blackberry for a definitive answer on what gps will work, ie baud rates, chipsets etc etc, two weeks ago-still waiting for a reply-again not holding my breath.

Seems to me to be lots of hype about the BB's and no support!!-not a happy bunny at this time!!.

Richard.
    11-25-09 01:35 PM
    Hi Richard, do you actually have the Keychain GPS receiver? If so you should be able to get it up and running straightaway.

I didn't worry about any of the settings you mention and I haven't had any probs.

Be interested in your response.

PV.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-09 01:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD