Here's the first problem for some reason lately I can't seem to get my GPS to work on my phone it will open up but when I choose an address from my favorites or punch in an address or do a local search it won't pull it up or calculate my route it hasn't worked for 2-3 weeks and when it was taken to verizon they said that I had the latest version downloaded to the phone already I am tired of getting this message as well:

Trip update Problem could not process your GPS request. Please try again [15]

Second problem is that my phone keeps on freezing or should I say showing the hour glass symbol it's to the point that if you were calling me I wouldn't be able to answer the phone because that symbol would just keep on circling around and around and when I am pulling up a website my connection is being timed out so yes I am new to blackberry phones but I know that this can't be normal any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated thanks guys...
    11-30-08 04:15 PM
    Pull the battery.
    11-30-08 09:04 PM
    Pull the battery.
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA i love it.

The GPS is disabled on this phone with Verizon. Google maps using cell phone towers to triangulate your position (kinda) but it's not true GPS.
    12-01-08 08:05 PM
    BAHAHAHAHAHAHA i love it.

The GPS is disabled on this phone with Verizon. Google maps using cell phone towers to triangulate your position (kinda) but it's not true GPS.

Step away from the keyboard! I know GPS is disabled on Verizon and the OP mentions nothing about Google Maps. Besides, the error message they mention if usually shown in VZNavigator. A battery pull is the first place to start with this issue. Then recheck that GPS is set to Location On, then finally check that VZNav is still provisioned on their device. All else fails, reinstall the app and recheck it's permissions settings... especially to the GPS.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 12-01-08 at 11:58 PM.
    12-01-08 09:39 PM
    JR, your av is brokeded. :P
    12-02-08 09:18 AM
    My apologies Mr. Civic, the laugh was directed at the simplicity of the answer.
    And I'm so used to no GPS that the VZnav thing-e-ma-bob isn't something that is in my brain's inventory, so it defaulted to google maps.
    12-02-08 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD