I have downloaded two gps applications for my blackberry curve 8310 ( Spot for Blackberry reads "An I/O error occured at connector open (btspp://0018C5A9F905:15) please try to reconnect if source is ready, and the AMAZE applications reads "Communication Problem", could somebody please help me out
    03-11-08 07:14 PM
    I haven't tried Spot but for me to get Amaze working on my 8130, I needed to install it with selecting the set permissions options first and set each section to Allow (though it won't set everything to Allow you need to do it at a high level) and then it installed everything it needed and the voice worked. Also make sure the Blackberry GPS or external bluetooth GPS like I have is enabled after the install and on the initial launch of the application.

Amaze has forums at their site (I can't post links yet) where you might find some questions that match yours and hopefully some answers.
    03-11-08 09:19 PM
    Try BB maps, it works perfectly.
    03-12-08 11:25 AM
    Try BB maps, it works perfectly.
    It works fine and I actually launch it when I launch the other apps because the other apps don't seem to always see my external bluetooth GPS if they launch on their own.

But BB Maps isn't as full featured as a program like Amaze or possibly Nav4All though I haven't used that. You need to interact with BB Maps more for navigation while you are driving.
    03-12-08 11:36 AM
    What do you mean you needed to install it with selecting the set permissions options first and set each section to Allow (though it won't set everything to Allow you need to do it at a high level) and then it installed everything it needed and the voice worked., this option did not come up when i went to download it
    03-12-08 05:50 PM
    What do you mean you needed to install it with selecting the set permissions options first and set each section to Allow (though it won't set everything to Allow you need to do it at a high level) and then it installed everything it needed and the voice worked., this option did not come up when i went to download it
    If you go to http: //wap.amazegps.com on your BB browser and click the Download Amaze link it gives you another page with your user name and password and the link to actually download the install. When you click that download link the next screen is the BB screen that shows the name of the app, the version, vendor and size with a checkbox for Set application permissions. Check that box and then click the final Download link.
    Last edited by GeekNJ; 03-12-08 at 06:45 PM.
    03-12-08 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD