I noticed that no matter where I am, when using the ATT maps or navigator, the GPS works but is off by several blocks. How can I adjust this if this is possible?
    08-29-10 09:41 AM
    Is it actually locked on to your loaction. Use Google Maps and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-10 10:38 AM
    On our torch it does not refresh GPS to my homes address its always off by a house or two.
    08-29-10 02:30 PM
    That technology isn't going to be 100% for consumers. It will sometimes get you exactly where you are but it is not 100%. My Tomtom GPS is the same way, Garmin is the same way, etc. Two nights ago it put me on my street. Last night it was off by a block.
    08-30-10 10:18 AM
    That technology isn't going to be 100% for consumers. It will sometimes get you exactly where you are but it is not 100%. My Tomtom GPS is the same way, Garmin is the same way, etc. Two nights ago it put me on my street. Last night it was off by a block.
    I don't know about your TomTom since I use Garmin and blackberry, but my Bold 900 and my Torch 9800 both lock me within 10 feet. I use my 9000 and 9800 to geocache and both work to within 10 feet and google maps always shows me accurately and my Garmin app on the 9000 and 9800 have me correct.

Make sure you are in a clear area and check it, if still off I say trade the phone in.
    08-30-10 12:16 PM
    for a consumer device... the GPS of tom tom, garmin, and all the phones out there inlcuding iphone 4 and the Torch are acceptable..
    at it's best, they can be up to 10 meters accurate..
    of course it depends on your location... are you surrounded by skyscrapers.. etc

if you want more accuracy... i can hook you up with some military grade GPS..
    08-30-10 12:19 PM
    consider you guys are lucky. I had to pull the battery in order for the Torch to get GPS signal.
    08-30-10 03:17 PM
    Wow, funny that I was going to post about how much I think the Torch's GPS is the best ever. Only using my own past BB's to go by but the Torch for me locks quickly in my house where previous BB's wouldn't. I get within 10 feet constantly. Definitely try Google Maps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-10 04:56 PM
    It all depends on how many satellites your device can "see". The more satellites, the more accurate.

On my 8530, if I have only 6 of 7 satellites, its accurate to within about 100 feet. If it can see 9 or better, its usually good to within about 10 feet.

My Tom Tom only gets within about 7 feet on its good days.

For a civilian grade GPS, 10 feet is pretty dang good. For anything more accurate than that, you better have DEEP pockets.
    Last edited by GoodOleZap; 09-23-10 at 06:12 AM.
    09-20-10 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD