hello everyone,

i had a question in the gps application under the advanced options do you guys leave the gps to e911 only or do you leave it on location on, is there any benefit from leaving it on or off, thanks in advance
    06-14-10 10:32 AM
    hello everyone,

i had a question in the gps application under the advanced options do you guys leave the gps to e911 only or do you leave it on location on, is there any benefit from leaving it on or off, thanks in advance
    Leaving it off could save battery, or so I am hearing around the forum. I left mine off for a day and noticed no diff. I leave it on because it's easier than having to turn it on all the time. If you don't use it much why not just leave it off and possibly save a little battery. Or try it both ways and find your own happy place.
    06-14-10 10:57 AM
    I have my GPS enabled all the time, which helps keep my BerryWeather active and my GoogleMaps on track. Sure, I could probably save a bit on the battery with it turned off, but my battery still makes it through the day just fine.
    06-14-10 11:12 AM
    i downloaded LookOut security from the app store. It has this neat feature that lets you find your phone when you lose it. However, it requires that you keep your gps on.
    06-14-10 04:53 PM
    i downloaded LookOut security from the app store. It has this neat feature that lets you find your phone when you lose it. However, it requires that you keep your gps on.
    Good point, and thanks for the reminder. I've got BuddyGuard installed on mine, which also uses gps to help locate it.
    06-14-10 05:50 PM
    I agree with the first reply. I haven't noticed a difference in battery life when gps was disabled. I did notice, however, that when reinstating location services it took a longer period of time than expected to reestablish a connection with the satellites. Could be my experience but that's just my two cents
    06-14-10 06:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD