I upgraded to 4.5 and maps no longer can get a gps lock. I also use google maps for latitude but that's uses agps so I don't know

Any ideas

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 02:18 PM
    Try options>advanced options>GPS>menu button>refresh GPS see if that helps
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-25-09 at 02:24 PM.
    02-25-09 02:20 PM
    Refresh gps Not there

02-25-09 02:28 PM
    in my experience the gps on google maps has been funky for a few weeks now. i also started experiencing major memory leak with it, so i deleted it and am now using windows live search. WAY better gps, imo.
    02-25-09 04:22 PM
    Refresh gps Not there

Odd it is there on mine. That usually fixes it for me after an OS update. Try once more if ya would.

I also agree with you Jae - I prefer Live Search even if its not really updated anymore over google maps..... I think that live search was somewhat replaced by TellMe which I do not like
    02-25-09 04:27 PM
    I only have google maps for latitude other then that it is never used I do how ever use bbmaps a lot ok well when I need directions or to check a speed ometer or something is live search free a friend baught the garmin software for his and said he would give it to me since he got a iphone

02-25-09 05:02 PM
    Live search is free. Very similar to TellMe if you ever tried that.. Garmin software is quite nice, you have a nice friend..
    02-25-09 05:04 PM
    If you have to try a battery pull. I know that Refresh GPS is there, I have it on mine. Is your GPS Data Source set to Device GPS and your GPS Services set to Location On? If not try reloading your OS, possibly.
    02-25-09 05:35 PM
    I only have google maps for latitude other then that it is never used I do how ever use bbmaps a lot ok well when I need directions or to check a speed ometer or something is live search free a friend baught the garmin software for his and said he would give it to me since he got a iphone

yes, live search is free. and the gps is much more accurate than the one on google maps. it also has a compass (to show the direction you are heading) and a speedometer, as well as turn-by-turn directions (although not speaking directions).
    02-25-09 05:57 PM
    Is live search take up more room than google maps? or is it about the same?
    02-25-09 06:05 PM
    Smaller than Google Maps
    02-25-09 06:06 PM
    I have v4.5.0.127 both mine and my wifes won't lock. I don't understand I guess ill just only have the car gps until a new os is out. cause I don't want to update again the last it did not transfer all my apps back.

02-25-09 09:44 PM
    If you have to try a battery pull. I know that Refresh GPS is there, I have it on mine. Is your GPS Data Source set to Device GPS and your GPS Services set to Location On? If not try reloading your OS, possibly.
    Remember, OP has an 8330 from alltel, you have an 8310 from AT&T. Don't know if alltel locks down their gps like vzw does, which could have something to do with it.
    02-25-09 09:48 PM
    Well it worked great before I updated but now it does not I don't get it. I guess ill try to reinstall or something cause I just don't freaken know. I do remember the refresh gps. But neather mine nore my wife phones have the the refresh gps and neather will lock. Any other ideas please shoot other wise reloading looks like the only choice

02-25-09 10:11 PM
    Is live search take up more room than google maps? or is it about the same?
    i've also experienced major memory leak with google maps, but live search doesnt seem to cause such a problem. if directions, a map, traffic, and local business directories are all part of wut you use google maps for, i'd suggest live search. much better.
    02-26-09 06:20 PM
    I only use google maps for latitude. Feature. I now have live search but that is not the prob the prob is I updated mine and my wifes bb to 4.5.0.127 and now it can not lock sat. Any ideas short of a reload

02-26-09 06:53 PM
    how do i reinstall os
    02-27-09 08:08 AM
    reinstalled the os and gps still does not work i think im going to have to make a trip to the store and get a new one
    02-27-09 09:36 AM
    i just dont get it i just did a complete wipe and fresh install and did not install any apps and yet refresh gps is not there and it rufuse to even try and lock gps
    02-27-09 10:58 AM
    I am having the same issue as the OP. I have an 8310 from AT&T. I had OS 4.4 and the GPS would lock on to at least 4 satellites each time I refreshed it. Now after I've upgraded to OS 4.5, the GPS cannot lock on to any satellites. I've refreshed several times and done a battery pull. Is reloading the OS the only option?
    03-05-09 07:27 AM
    No ill grab the link and post it

03-05-09 07:33 AM
    I am having this same problem... when I went to update to 127 it hung for 2 hours (using the web installer) and I tried to restart the update but the Desktop Manager always says there are no updates even though it tells me updates are available when I start the damn thing. I am downloading 177 now... hopefully this will fix the issue.
    03-05-09 07:40 AM
    What is 127 and 177?
    03-05-09 07:44 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/free-gps-173137/
    i posted the fix i found and it works great in this thread.
    try this before downgrading. downgrading did not fix it for me damage had been done.
    03-05-09 07:50 AM
    I downloaded the instructions and I glanced at them. My first reaction is, "What the hell? Why do we have to go through all of this just to get a feature working again that was working in an older OS?"

EDIT:
    I dialed ##000000, as per the first step, and I got a recorded message telling me my call cannot be completed as dialed.
    03-05-09 07:56 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD