Hi, I have a 9530 on the Verizon network running 4.7.0.148, and for the past few days, I haven't been able to use GPS at all in any application (Google Maps, Blackberry Maps, Weatherbug, etc) and have NO idea why this could be. I've tried it on very clear days where there was nothing obstructing my view of the sky...

Anyone else have experience in fixing this issue? Should I just call Verizon and be a nuisance?

Thanks for any advice!
    10-13-09 03:59 PM
    Is gps "location on" enabled in the settings? Just making sure...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 04:03 PM
    Setup -> Options -> Advanced Options -> GPS

Make sure the settings GPS Services is set to Location On (cannot be E911 Only) and that Location Aiding is Enabled.
    10-13-09 04:05 PM
    Yes, I've made sure all the settings are correct... still no luck. Just got off the phone with Verizon support, she said she found a problem on their end. Have to call back with account holder information so they can modify something or other... I'll repost when I get to the bottom of this, just in case anyone else is having the same problem I am!

Thanks
    10-13-09 04:39 PM
    Did you get this sorted out?
    I had the same issue, then realised that Location: OFF caused it.
    10-14-09 03:07 AM
    Hi, I have a 9530 on the Verizon network running 4.7.0.148, and for the past few days, I haven't been able to use GPS at all in any application (Google Maps, Blackberry Maps, Weatherbug, etc) and have NO idea why this could be. I've tried it on very clear days where there was nothing obstructing my view of the sky...

Anyone else have experience in fixing this issue? Should I just call Verizon and be a nuisance?

Thanks for any advice!
    rather than testing it via apps, try using the refresh gps option under advanced/gps...

fyi mine doesn't work after i upgraded to .216
    10-14-09 03:25 AM
    I had this problem on Monday but it was working fine yesterday and today. Hopefully you got it sorted out.
    10-14-09 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD