Hey everyone:

I just bought a Blackberry 8900 the other day!

However, how do I use my GPS? it says GPS Source: NONE

What does this mean? I want it to pinpoint where I am when I am driving, and I heard it is supposed to talk to me?

What do I do? Thanks so much!
    03-26-09 04:19 AM
    Go to Options > Advanced Options > GPS make sure GPS Data Source is set to Device GPS and GPS services is set to Location ON
    03-26-09 04:23 AM
    When I do that, the GPS Data Source is NONE and it does not let me change it to anything else.

Ahh, what to do?!

Thanks so much.
    03-26-09 06:11 AM
    Sounds like a defective unit..... return it!!!

Also the GPS doesn't have turn by turn as a standard feature. You will either have to buy a program like telemaps or Garmin......or download a free GPS program

You can read it up here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f41/
    03-26-09 07:22 AM
    thats ludacris... my BlackBerry Maps had GPS working just fine and i didnt need to download anything. and my google maps app does even better with gps. didnt buy anything.
    03-26-09 08:31 AM
    Hey everyone:

I just bought a Blackberry 8900 the other day!

However, how do I use my GPS? it says GPS Source: NONE

What does this mean? I want it to pinpoint where I am when I am driving, and I heard it is supposed to talk to me?

What do I do? Thanks so much!
    thats ludacris... my BlackBerry Maps had GPS working just fine and i didnt need to download anything. and my google maps app does even better with gps. didnt buy anything.
    If the OP wants the bolded feature above he needs some other software (Telemaps is included and free for a trail period)!!

I use Google maps and deleted the blackberry maps.
    03-26-09 08:41 AM
    Thanks for the link Clint, I was looking around and missed that Geocaching post...
    I was waiting for someone to write a good Geocaching app other than expensive trimble app. Cacheberry FTW!
    03-26-09 09:12 AM
    oh ok i got you, yeah gmaps cant talk but it works hella good except when it tells me im driving through a cornfield
    03-26-09 09:27 AM
    Thanks for the link Clint, I was looking around and missed that Geocaching post...
    I was waiting for someone to write a good Geocaching app other than expensive trimble app. Cacheberry FTW!
    No Problem

oh ok i got you, yeah gmaps cant talk but it works hella good except when it tells me im driving through a cornfield
    LMAO!!!! don't they all do that!!!!
    03-26-09 09:39 AM
    I don't use the GPS feature much, but Lifve Search worked well with it. Nav4all is a decent voice enabled free GPS app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 09:46 AM
    03-26-09 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD