So after I realized that my GPS service from AT&T wasn't really going to work for Geocaching I decided to drop the 10 dollar a month service. What I'm trying to find is a decent application that I can plug a few sets of coordinants into and have an on-screen display of where I am in relation to them.

I also recently downloaded the mapmytracks app and it doesn't seem to work, do I still need the GPS service from my provider for that to work or can the GPS device in my phone work without provider based service?
    08-31-08 12:29 PM
    The GPS in your phone should work whether you subscribe to AT&T's mapping software or not. To my knowledge, only Verizon blocks 3rd party access to the internal GPS. Try downloading Google Maps and see if it works.
    08-31-08 05:15 PM
    I've been using Google maps but it has always just done tower locating with my phone, I wasn't even aware the program had a GPS function
    09-01-08 03:11 AM
    In Options / Advanced Options / GPS, what do you show for your GPS Data Source? Set it to Device GPS and GPS Services to "Location On" and see what happens.
    09-01-08 08:12 AM
    I have also dumped the ATT navigator because there seem to be many other apps that are better for navigation for cheaper and better. I have been looking at the geocache navigator from Trimble which looks like a pretty good deal if you get the year support up front. looks like around a little over 3$ a month.

Looks like I need a few more posts before I can give you the link, but just google geocache navigator by trimble
    09-01-08 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD