hi
    I did purchase a Storm 9530 from Bell mobility but I never activated it with their CDMA service. instead I unlocked it to fido and have used it with fido eversice ( almost a month). everything works great except the device GPS is not funcioning at all. I noticed that when no software (for example Nav4all) could not find any on-device GPS. I was wondering if there is anyway that I could activate the GPS on this device.
    your help would greatly be apprecaited.
    thanks
    05-02-09 03:00 AM
    hi
    I did purchase a Storm 9530 from Bell mobility but I never activated it with their CDMA service. instead I unlocked it to fido and have used it with fido eversice ( almost a month). everything works great except the device GPS is not funcioning at all. I noticed that when no software (for example Nav4all) could not find any on-device GPS. I was wondering if there is anyway that I could activate the GPS on this device.
    your help would greatly be apprecaited.
    thanks
    Make sure GPS is enabled, Go to Options, Advanced Options, GPS, Make sure everything is on. Also, try google maps, and see if that works. Go to google, and search "Maps" then download the program and see if GPS works...
    05-02-09 03:18 AM
    go to options > advanced options > gps > location on
    05-02-09 03:19 AM
    I have checked the settings and the GPS and locaitons are both active and on, now I am installing the google maps, I hope that activates it.
    thanks for helping my guys...
    05-02-09 04:20 AM
    I have checked the settings and the GPS and locaitons are both active and on, now I am installing the google maps, I hope that activates it.
    thanks for helping my guys...
    Google maps won't activate GPS, but it is another option for maps...

Also, make sure you have a clear view of the sky to get a good GPS signal...
    05-02-09 04:26 AM
    the google maps is installed and the battery pull was done as well.... it is still not working :S
    05-02-09 04:27 AM
    the google maps is installed and the battery pull was done as well.... it is still not working :S
    Give it some time, and make sure you have a clear view of the sky...
    05-02-09 04:30 AM
    I am so frustrated. nothing is working...
    what if I erase the whole phone and reinstall the OS... would you think it would help?
    05-02-09 05:48 AM
    what os are you running, but yes, it may resolve the issue if you reinstall everything.
    05-02-09 06:48 AM
    alright...
    here is the final result for the issue...
    after I got some extra time on hand, I removed the entire .122 auto update and used a full OS .122 on it and now every single feature except blackberry maps works.
    i think it is due to the fact that the phone is CDMA and fido service books are not able to make that work. however it is not a major issue since I have google maps and also Nav4all on my device.
    thanks everyone for your great support and input.
    05-03-09 12:48 AM
    I believe you need BB maps working before the Gps will work with any other app. I will go heck to make sure but I believe that's how the phone works.
    05-03-09 07:34 AM
    hi, I just went through the same issue, if you go into bb maps, once it loads you will notice a satalite icon on the lower left hand corner, click it. it will activate the gps locator (this is after you have done all of the above, meaning advanced options - gps - location on) it took a bit to figure out but now all my gps dependant apps are reading perfectly fine

Sunny
    07-15-09 11:16 AM
    btw im running 148... dont know if that would make a difference
    07-15-09 11:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD