Anyone know where I can get some standalone maps that will work with the GPS so it doesn't have to connect to the mobile service network to retieve map info?

Thanks

Adam
    Last edited by Adam411; 05-01-09 at 07:00 PM.
    05-01-09 06:50 PM
    I'd like to know also, something like "microsoft streets" which I had on my i930.
    05-01-09 07:08 PM
    I thought Microsoft Streets only worked with pocket pc's and pc's...
    Last edited by Adam411; 05-01-09 at 07:26 PM.
    05-01-09 07:22 PM
    Mobile GMaps is a FREE application that displays maps from Google Maps, Yahoo! Maps, Windows Live Local (MSN Virtual Earth), Ask.com, Open Street Map and other sources on Java J2ME-enabled mobile phones, PDAs and other devices. MGMaps can connect to a GPS receiver over bluetooth or use internal GPS features on some phones in order to automatically display the map for your current position. You can pre-download maps and store them on your memory card in order to use them on the go without accessing the internet.

Mobile GMaps is distributed under the Attribution - NonCommercial - NoDerivs Creative Commons license. You may download, use and distribute the application free of charge only for personal, non-commercial purposes.

Mobile GMaps - Download

haven't tried it! but if you wanna give it a whirl?

there's garmin too but its a one time fee. i have not tried it yet either but it says for gps enabled devices works on free trial!
    Garmin Mobile: Take a free test drive on your GPS-enabled BlackBerry | Garmin
    05-01-09 07:40 PM
    Great, Will give it a shot. Thanks
    05-01-09 07:54 PM
    TrekBuddy is another app that allows you to download maps to your microSD card for use in areas where you don't have a cell signal.
    05-01-09 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD