so a few quick questions, does anyone use at&t maps? if so does it work well or do people just recommend google maps

and also i tried using my gps and it doesnt really pinpoint my exact location it has me probably half a mile from where i actually, does anyone know how to fix this?
    12-14-10 06:01 PM
    You need a clear satellite view to get an actual gps lock and it takes slightly longer to acquire (triangulation usually happens first, which is less accurate).

Otherwise you are just using tower triangulation.

.246 gps lock is much, much slower than .337.
    12-14-10 06:09 PM
    Att maps works fine and has talking directions. It is a pay service. People recommend other apps because they are free and may or may not have audio feedback.

As papped mentioned, the speed of the GPS locking on is OS dependant as well as line of sight dependant. The accuracy should increase the longer you leave the app running. BB Maps is installed by default, you just need the launcher to use the app. That, SignalLocation Utility and GPSTool should give you enough for comparison.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by shansmi; 12-14-10 at 09:22 PM.
    12-14-10 06:34 PM
    Dload bbmap launcher it unlocks the blackberry map that AT&T locks on the torch. Works well, so does Google Maps. WAZE is a FREE voice navigated one as well

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-10 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD