- CrackBerry Newbie
- 1 Posts
GPS location services stopped working December 1 24:00 PST
I've been using bbtracker for the past few months on my Curve 9320 and it's been working well enough. Every now and then it stops tracking and I need to battery pull and/or full restart to get it to reconnect to Location Services.
However, the last couple days I've noticed that it hasn't been working, and on closer inspection I see that Location Services gives the "Last Update" time as Dec 2, 2012 03:00 (EST) with 9 satellites. So it's really a device GPS issue. I notice that the time of this final update is midnight PST. Anyone know if something changed after 2012-12-01? (no Mayan jokes!)
At this point I'm assuming the problem is with the device GPS configuration itself, not the bbtracker app. I'm suspecting the time is a clue.
I have Googled around quite a bit and tried all the tips that I've found. I have tried restarting, I have tried turning off location services, saving, turning back on. I have it set to Device GPS. I have tried it with and without Wifi on. I have the most current BB device software for my provider. I called my provider and they have reset my data services and I did a battery/SIM pull restart.
I'm totally stumped. Anyone have any ideas?
- By DarkSP in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 2Last Post: 07-04-2011, 07:43 AM
- By jarhead_420uk in forum BlackBerry Torch 9800Replies: 4Last Post: 05-06-2011, 09:16 AM
- By eve6er69 in forum SprintReplies: 10Last Post: 05-13-2010, 01:24 PM
- By crucifixion in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 4Last Post: 03-31-2009, 05:51 PM
- By dknyberry in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 08-05-2008, 09:40 AM