If I go to a website on my Storm that automatically detects my location it shows as Waterloo, Canada. I live in Tucson Arizona. How can I fix this?
    05-19-09 08:55 PM
    There's nothing "broken" to be fixed. I assume you're using the Browser, which routes data through RIM's proxies in Canada. The website performing IP geolocation reads you as coming from RIM's servers.

If you want IP geolocation to locate you closer to where you are, you need to use a browser that doesn't cache/proxy.
    05-19-09 08:56 PM
    There's nothing "broken" to be fixed. I assume you're using the Browser, which routes data through RIM's proxies in Canada. The website performing IP geolocation reads you as coming from RIM's servers.

If you want IP geolocation to locate you closer to where you are, you need to use a browser that doesn't cache/proxy.
    Now that is an informed answer. To the OP just use google maps or BB Maps and you will find your location!
    05-19-09 09:29 PM
    How do I know what browsers cache/proxy? I was under the impression that all mobile browsers do; currently I'm rocking native and Opera Mini. I tried Bolt, but I can't deal with the little pointer. Anything you'd recommend?
    05-19-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD