Does having the GPS location on drain battery? I have trapster and it needs location on to be able to work, but I don't want to leave if on if it kills the battery

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 02:34 PM
    GPS is hard on the battery, yes. How often does trapster update, that will determine if its having a big effect on you though.
    03-04-09 02:40 PM
    Trapster only uses the location when the app is open

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 02:42 PM
    Trapster only uses the location when the app is open
    So basically what you are saying is that GPS location on only drains the battery more when a program is accessing the GPS?

So if I have GPS location on and I don't use any GPS apps, i should get the same battery life as I would if I had GPS 911 only?
    03-06-09 12:52 PM
    So basically what you are saying is that GPS location on only drains the battery more when a program is accessing the GPS?

So if I have GPS location on and I don't use any GPS apps, i should get the same battery life as I would if I had GPS 911 only?
    Yes, unless you use a GPS enabled app like WeatherBug which constantly uses the GPS to update your location.

But most of these apps are in beta, so they may have some sort of bug causing a battery drain, best thing to do is see what happens.
    03-06-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD