I have read many of the posts on the GPS forum and this forum and thought i would be able to use LIFEINPOCKET as my GPA for the 8230 but after downloading it OK I keep getting an error message to check my GPS setting (which is turned on) - But the LIP doesn't work on my 8230 -

Is there anybody out there who has successfully installed LIP on their 8230?

Thanks in advance..
    08-03-09 01:16 PM
    Has anyone found an app that works for the Pearl 8230 for live positioning, particularly with verizon?
    09-29-09 04:47 PM
    GPS is locked down by Verizon to work ONLY with VZ Navigator and BB Maps. It sucks in a BIG way that they did that! They have said that all future BlackBerrys won't be locked down and currently the Storm isn't. I'm not sure about the Tour.

You can get around it using a GPS keyfob that can link into your BlackBerry via Bluetooth. Crackberry reviewed it here. I don't know if it works with LIFEINPOCKET but it's your best bet.
    10-03-09 09:54 AM
    Even when it's working (which isn't often), the GPS in my Pearl Flip is not nearly as accurate as my Garmin eTrex Summit HC. I've given up worrying about the Blackberry GPS & keep location set off now. Blackberry really ought not to even claim that the phone as GPS capabilities, to be honest.
    10-04-09 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD