Whenever i try to use Maps or Google maps it just gives me an approximate location. BB maps actually just keeps searching for satellites. Any ideas as to why it isnt working?
    07-05-09 08:51 PM
    ur GPS uses the towers to find u, since u r using a free service ur location will never be exact but i use google maps and its really close, probably 3-4 feet difference.
    something u can try is a battery pull wile ur phone is on every morning to start the day fresh...
    07-05-09 10:19 PM
    Thaqueencami look in options > advanced options > GPS > GPS services > set to "location on".
    07-05-09 10:32 PM
    Thaqueencami look in options > advanced options > GPS > GPS services > set to "location on".
    try that but in the 8900 should be on by default
    07-05-09 10:40 PM
    I had this problem using OS 5.0 as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 11:47 PM
    It says its on. I had an 8900 previous to this one and didn't have this problem, my location on the map moved with me as i did. BB maps cant even put me on the map...ive reset, battery pulled, err thang! lol. *scratches head*
    07-05-09 11:50 PM
    It says its on. I had an 8900 previous to this one and didn't have this problem, my location on the map moved with me as i did. BB maps cant even put me on the map...ive reset, battery pulled, err thang! lol. *scratches head*
    try not to use BB Maps and uninstall and install Google Maps again. after that do a Battery Pull and try it again
    07-05-09 11:54 PM
    This is crappy. It says your location within 2400 meters waiting for gps. lol.
    Last edited by thaqueencami; 07-06-09 at 12:58 AM.
    07-06-09 12:52 AM
    Try this:

Go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS

1) Make sure that the GPS is enabled, and the "device source" is the "Device GPS."

2) Check to see that "Location Services" is "On."

3) Try going outside with no large buildings or anything that would block the GPS signal, and hit the Berry Key and a menu should pop up. Select "Refresh GPS." It should update with the necessary locations of where you are at.

If this works (and it might take awhile), you should try Google Maps and BB Maps again. It should get a GPS fix on your position a lot faster. Otherwise, it might be a application permissions issue.
    07-06-09 01:46 AM
    I have that same problem too........
    Can someone confirm that mynameismerlin's method is working?
    07-06-09 03:19 AM
    Merlins is not a method. Its simply the basic way to use gps. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-09 04:27 AM
    Try this:

Go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS

1) Make sure that the GPS is enabled, and the "device source" is the "Device GPS."

2) Check to see that "Location Services" is "On."

3) Try going outside with no large buildings or anything that would block the GPS signal, and hit the Berry Key and a menu should pop up. Select "Refresh GPS." It should update with the necessary locations of where you are at.

If this works (and it might take awhile), you should try Google Maps and BB Maps again. It should get a GPS fix on your position a lot faster. Otherwise, it might be a application permissions issue.

This method works....100%

It can take up to 5 minutes.... clear sky... short or no buildings, not big trees!!!!
    07-06-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD