I'm on Telus in Canada, and can't get bbmaps, telenav, or google maps to connect to my internal GPS. I had used all three previously, with success. Now all 3 will not work despite deleting and reinstalling them. I even removed all my BB stuff from my computer and reloaded it all Including the dm and os... Any ideas before I try to get Telus to replace my pearl?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 01:22 PM
    I just warranted my BB for a faulty headphone jack. The new BB had issues with GPS, I couldn't lock on a satellite. So I took it back and got another. Same issue. Talked to tech support and they got it to work temporally. But nothing like it did before. After reading some posts I noticed the permissions for BB maps was set to custom. I've now changed them to Allow and will be trying it as soon as I get a break. It may have something to do with the OS updates. Will find out soon and if it fixes it I will let you know.
    06-12-09 05:12 PM
    I just warranted my BB for a faulty headphone jack. The new BB had issues with GPS, I couldn't lock on a satellite. So I took it back and got another. Same issue. Talked to tech support and they got it to work temporally. But nothing like it did before. After reading some posts I noticed the permissions for BB maps was set to custom. I've now changed them to Allow and will be trying it as soon as I get a break. It may have something to do with the OS updates. Will find out soon and if it fixes it I will let you know.
    I don't see BB maps in program permissions on my phone.
    06-30-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD