Hey all.. love the site.. did some reading but would like to know the following..

My provider is SaskTel and to upgrade my phone I go to their .com website and it makes u choose to upgrade firmware thru research in motion specifically thru SaskTel.. anyways.. I know that people have the 8330 and have GPS on their phone working...

anyone have advice as to how I can do this???

thx

c13
    11-28-09 06:06 PM
    What's the question?
    11-28-09 07:13 PM
    What's the question?
    haha... sorry good question hey??

Am I able to upgrade the firmware on the phone and get my gps working??

sorry about that!
    11-28-09 07:34 PM
    So... are you saying that your GPS is not working now, and asking if upgrading the OS will fix the problem?
    If so, what OS do you have, what OS are you planning to upgrade to, and what software / app are you trying to use the GPS with, and what error or failure indication are you getting?

In other words, more info will allow us to help you, rather than throw random possibilities at you.
    11-28-09 08:16 PM
    So... are you saying that your GPS is not working now, and asking if upgrading the OS will fix the problem?
    If so, what OS do you have, what OS are you planning to upgrade to, and what software / app are you trying to use the GPS with, and what error or failure indication are you getting?

In other words, more info will allow us to help you, rather than throw random possibilities at you.

Ok.. thanks for the reply... here is my phone..
    first off, SaskTel does not offer GPS on the phones we get from them here..

BlackBerry 8330
    Smartphone CDMA
    v4.5.0.173 (Platform 3.4.0.55)
    Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.5.32a

It hasn't had GPS at all... can you help??

thank you
    11-28-09 09:04 PM
    If it doesn't have GPS then it doesn't have GPS, no software is going to add hardware.
    11-28-09 09:12 PM
    If it doesn't have GPS then it doesn't have GPS, no software is going to add hardware.
    I don't think you follow.. you can have GPS.. people I know have it.. but on SaskTel's firmware it doesn't ..... but I do know it's possible... people bypass sasktel's firmware update and update at another local.. i do know in fact it's possible... I talked to the reps at sasktel and they say that their firmware doesn't support it.. i want help to update somewhere other then sasktels link to research in motion

thx
    11-28-09 10:27 PM
    It's not the firmware that's the problem, you can do it with Sasktel's. There needs to be some changes made in the Qualcomm chipset which can be done with some Windows software. You can find this with a search on the forums. Try searching "GPS fix".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-30-09 09:27 AM
    It's not the firmware that's the problem, you can do it with Sasktel's. There needs to be some changes made in the Qualcomm chipset which can be done with some Windows software. You can find this with a search on the forums. Try searching "GPS fix".

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ok i will try this.. thx
    12-01-09 12:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD