Ever since Google Maps 3.0.2 came out, I've been able to use the GPS funtion reliably here at home (Illinois) without problem. We recently went to Florida and it was spotty at best. 75% of the time, it said the GPS wasn't available. I did *228, battery pull, reset all the settings and I'm running .114 Hybrid (without any problems).

Not sure if it's the phone, or if anyone else sees this when they're out of town. ???

Thanks
    -S
    03-21-09 08:55 AM
    Not me. Mine usually locks in seconds and I usually get 3 meters or a little higher. Sometimes if I can't get a Sat lock, a battery pull will fixes that.
    03-21-09 09:01 AM
    +1 to working fine in FL.

I live in West Palm Beach. I get 3m resolution within about 30 seconds. Used GPS extensively on a recent trip to Jax...no problems.

I also use GPS tracker while riding my bike. It transmits real time position to the internet. Very cool app. Works perfectly! Friends were able to track my progress of a half marathon I recently ran.
    03-22-09 02:01 PM
    Mine works great here in Hawaii. I even used the BBGPS Golf App yesterday, and it was as accurate as my friends SkyCaddie.

Be sure that you have the GPS enabled, and that your location is set to be on.
    03-22-09 02:29 PM
    I've been having problems lately, and I think I've narrowed it down to Instamapper. I load Instamapper, and it seems to work great. Then all GPS stops working for days. I uninstall Instamapper and reboot. After a couple hours it's working again. This happened several times.
    03-22-09 03:04 PM
    I've used mine on the East coast, west coast, and Midwest. As long as I have the GPS setting to locatoon on it pinpoints me within 10 feet or so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-22-09 03:56 PM
    Interesting....

Do you ever notice that the GPS stops working or can't get a SAT lock...but then in 30-60 minutes it starts working again?

Like I said...no problems here at home, just when abroad. ???

Not sure if it's the phone...have spotty reception at times, but not at the same time with the GPS. Might have to take a trip to the VZW store and ask them about it. I'm currently on my second Storm in 30 days...wondering if they got a bad batch in.

Thanks again
    -S
    03-22-09 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD