I have the Verizon 8830 (you all know the GPS issues). I modified the .alx file to unlock themes and when updating the OS, it indicated it was deleting the following file: net_rim_bb_lbs_internal_gps It didn't give me the option of keeping the file, either.

Is it possible this has something to do with the VZW crippling issue?
    07-20-07 09:39 PM
    I think that file is part of BB maps. I have tried manually loading it on the VZW 8830 from the Sprint 8830 without result. Anyone interested in working on this issue should PM me. I have all the sprint files pulled directly from the phone.

RS

I have the Verizon 8830 (you all know the GPS issues). I modified the .alx file to unlock themes and when updating the OS, it indicated it was deleting the following file: net_rim_bb_lbs_internal_gps It didn't give me the option of keeping the file, either.

Is it possible this has something to do with the VZW crippling issue?
    07-25-07 08:04 AM
    I think that file is part of BB maps. I have tried manually loading it on the VZW 8830 from the Sprint 8830 without result. Anyone interested in working on this issue should PM me. I have all the sprint files pulled directly from the phone.

RS
    Did you ever get this to work?

I really want the GPS enabled on my Verizon BB 8830.
    02-25-08 06:47 AM
    Is Alltel 8830 enabled?
    03-04-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD