Can anyone recommend a program that that will give GPS directions & works in the UK?

I have a Curve 8320, and I'm thinking of getting a GPS keyring, however I haven't found a GPS map program that will give turn by turn directions and works in the UK, so I'm reluctant to buy the keyring just yet.

I've never had a GPS device before, so I don't know much about them. I've heard people recommend TomTom standalone units, however they don't seem to supply software for other devices.

I've borrowed a friends gps receiver before, and managed to get it to work with google maps, but as far as i can see, they wont give directions that you could use while driving without constantly pushing the buttons on the BB.

I don't mind paying for the program as long as it works, and is not too expensive.

Can anyone in the UK recommend a program??
    10-20-08 11:08 AM
    I'm not in the UK, but Nav4All is a European-based app. I feel sure it will work in the UK. It's free and has voice navigation. It will work with any GPS puck. I use the Freedom Keychain 2000. GPS pucks typically don't come with any software. They are just a GPS receiver, and depend on the BlackBerry to provide the display and mapping application.
    10-20-08 11:03 PM
    Thanks Jeff, that looks like exactly the sort of program I was looking for - and its free too!

The Freedom GPS puck was the one I was thinking of getting having read the comments about them on here. I guess I'd better get on and order one!
    10-21-08 02:39 AM
    OK, I got a GPS puck, and installed Nav4all. It seems to work fairly well, although it does seem to give out misleading directions when you gome to a roundabout. (I came to one yesterday which was effectively a "T" junction, and it told me go straight ahead!).

I'm going to keep playing with it, but are there any others that will work in the UK (free or to purchase)??

Is there any way that I can get google maps to keep the screen awake, and give me directions? I read somewhere on here that you need to have BB maps running in the background to keep the data transmission between the GPS and BB, however I recently upgraded to the latest O.S. so no longer have BB maps.
    10-28-08 07:00 AM
    Andy

I have Amaze installed on my curve in the UK, seems fine (once you get used to it calling roundabouts circles!), I also used nav4all for a while, something annoyed me about it but I cant remember what!

In all honesty i dont use gps much so dont need masses of features!
    10-29-08 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD