I was wondering if -- and I know it's not supported right now -- if it's possible to save an entire map to a micro SD card.

I wouldn't mind say, saving the Northeastern US (where I live) as a 3-4 GB file to my microSD card so that when navigating I only have to think about the GPS connection and my data will not have to load every new picture as I scroll around.

Could this be a possibility for BB Maps in the future?
    05-21-09 08:54 AM
    I was wondering if -- and I know it's not supported right now -- if it's possible to save an entire map to a micro SD card.

I wouldn't mind say, saving the Northeastern US (where I live) as a 3-4 GB file to my microSD card so that when navigating I only have to think about the GPS connection and my data will not have to load every new picture as I scroll around.

Could this be a possibility for BB Maps in the future?
    I think that is essentially the idea with TopoExplorer from Skylab Mobilesystems. The concept is fine indeed, but as I've learned, the execution leaves a great deal to be desired, as I discovered to my monetary expense.
    I have to date seen nothing else that capitalizes on the idea. If you really need this capability, right now it appears that a dedicated GPS unit with preloaded maps is the way to go.
    05-21-09 09:40 PM
    Hi, scroll down the subforum to the thread GPS without Data ... It it possible right now with MGMaps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 11:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD