When I turn my Storm on, and sometimes it will do this randomly, my GPS and data connections just won't turn on. I will try to start my GPS Tracker or use the Speedtest but neither will get a connection until I open Google Maps to get the GPS turned on. Sometimes during the day I will open Google Maps and suddenly I will get a bunch of SMS and Emails that must have been waiting until I was connected. Is there any explanation of this??? Ive checked and I usually have good signal reception and it is on 1EXV. Also my Speedtest results are like 100 kbps DL and 40 kbps UL. Im not so happy with my speeds..
    03-04-09 10:55 AM
    Those speeds sound like EVDO rev 0 vs rev A. You could be in a Rev0 area, that hasnt been upgraded to RevA yet.

As far as data pouring in, it means your loosing your data connection at times. Could be the OS (which one do you have) or the unit.
    03-04-09 11:06 AM
    russap5,
    Yesterday I upgraded to .109 and then installed google maps. After driving around saying neat to myself I decided to join Latitude to see how well that worked. Not sure how often it is supposed to update but once I went into an area that does not have network coverage I experienced a similiar problem. Google maps would not update my position on the storm neither would it update for the person who was tracking me on their laptop. Now mine would come on but would not establish a data connection. That includes browser, email and GPS Latitude. I could not reestablish a network connection until I did a battery pull( the phone part worked fine). Anyway thought I would share that with you as I have not investigated it further or tried to duplicate.
    03-04-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD