I own the TomTom One XL GPS and tried to link it to my 8350i. I ensured bluetooth was enabled under "manage connections" but upon searching for phones, the GPS said none were found. Does anyone know if BT caapabilities are compatible on our BBs and if so which GPSs are they. Could get it with my i580, but not the BB. Puzzling.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 01:28 PM
    Try updating your TomTom firmware and it may be able to find the phone then.
    03-04-09 01:39 PM
    I tried to connect to another phone to transfer pics and it found the phone but wouldnmt transfer

03-04-09 01:53 PM
    I own the TomTom One XL GPS and tried to link it to my 8350i. I ensured bluetooth was enabled under "manage connections" but upon searching for phones, the GPS said none were found. Does anyone know if BT caapabilities are compatible on our BBs and if so which GPSs are they. Could get it with my i580, but not the BB. Puzzling.

The only thing TOMTOM is looking for is a data connection for updates via bluetooth. It will not be or use bluetooth gps data.
    When I link my tomtom to my bb, it says it's connected, however it doesn't offer the services needed to update traffic.
    03-04-09 05:47 PM
    So is there any benefits to linking the BB to the TOMTOM if you don't have access to the services it is supposed to provide with the BT connection?

03-04-09 06:32 PM
    why would you want to link your 8350 to the tomtom? we put my buddies magellen side by side to my 8350 the other day and i was able to get a better signal (more satelites) and it gave the same turn by turn direction as his gps.
    03-05-09 06:36 AM
    The TOMTOM (in my area at least) gets a faster sat lock than my 8350i. The TOMTOM has traffic features, weather conditions along the route, construction avoidance, etc. That is has access to with a BT connection. Wanted to try and take advantage of all it has to offer but not having any luck.

03-05-09 10:42 AM
    oh i c, the BB wont do all that....too bad someone doesnt come out with an app for it
    03-05-09 11:00 AM
    oh i c, the BB wont do all that....too bad someone doesnt come out with an app for it
    I have a set of GPS progs for my curve and have since retired my Garmin to my hunting pack.

I use:

-Google maps
    Pretty good but no track up or 3d
    Has traffic and view t by t directs and sat map

-Sprint Nav
    Very good
    Has it all but voice and sat map

-$-Garmin mobile
    Same as Google with a bit more. Not worth $
    Has traffic weather avoid

Amaze
    I really like this
    (great in good weather but no sat or hybrid yet, at least my area)
    Voice t by t directs and 3d track up map! Looks much like a TomTom. Keep your eyes on future releases and kick some $ to help speed the process. Great potential.

All but Garmin are free.
    04-16-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD