I am going to by the storm 2 with telus right away. I want to put a farely decent gps program on it. I am not really sure how it works. If I purchase garmin is it covered in my data plan or do I also have to add a gps thing to my plan? I seen that telus has navigator but it is 10 bucks a month and I won't pay that. Also, is Google maps a good option?

Also, I noticed that I missed a couple of fairly good deals in December. I thought they might have a couple of good deals after the holidays. Apparently I was wrong after December's deals expired they haven't put up anything else. Is there a certain time of year where telus has better deals based on history? Or does anybody know of any promotions from other companies I can use against telus.

Thanks
    01-07-10 01:13 PM
    When I don't carry my Garmin around, I have found Google Maps and Blackberry Maps to be decent alternatives. Google Maps runs a bit slower when navigating but only because it's a lot more detailed and prettier than Blackberry Maps. Personally, I wouldn't spend the money on Telus Navigator either but if text-to-speech is important, you're out of luck with GM and BBM. As long as you have a data package, you won't incur any charges with GPS use.

If you have been with Telus for quite some time, the most powerful card you hold is loyalty. I wouldn't hold my breath when it comes to relying on standard fare promotions.
    01-07-10 02:23 PM
    good to know thanks.
    01-07-10 10:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD