I have Weatherbug and Google Maps setup for GPS location, right now. Neither program updates as I move from city to city. I have to update Google Maps manually and then Weatherbug updates.

My question is: is there a way I can setup GPS to update automatically?
    01-30-09 06:38 PM
    GPS doesn't work on Google Maps on Verizon. WB updates when you open it.
    01-30-09 06:44 PM
    GPS doesn't work on Google Maps on Verizon. WB updates when you open it.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean it doesn't work on Google maps. I see it update often when I'm traveling just not in real time.

The problem with WB is that it doesn't update when I open it. So far I've been able to update Google Maps and then go back into WB and it updates right away. If I don't do this, it just says "Locating" for a few minutes and then reverts back to my old location
    01-30-09 06:57 PM
    I'm not quite sure what you mean it doesn't work on Google maps. I see it update often when I'm traveling just not in real time.
    Google Maps finds your position by triangulating cell towers, not using GPS.
    01-30-09 07:10 PM
    Works for me.

So how do I solve my WB updating issue?
    01-30-09 09:27 PM
    That makes sense now. Using Google maps it would constantly display "Your position within 3400 m" or ".. 4000 m". What good is it knowing my position within 4 km? How can it even give you driving directions? haha BB Maps works great for me with GPS - always pin-points my location and seems to be close to real-time.
    01-31-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD