I have two GPS apps (Blackstar and Poynt) that are having issues detecting satellites. Blackstar worked fine before. Within the last week or so, I have not been able to detect satellites on either app unless I start telenav and then go back to these apps and thats how they detect them. Is there something im missing? When I first installed these apps, I gave permissions to use GPS. Any help is appreciated.
    09-29-09 08:11 PM
    Do a battery pull to see if that clears out the cob webs
    09-29-09 08:42 PM
    mine has always needed me to have google maps open to work poynt
    09-30-09 07:16 AM
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>GPS> and see if location services is turned ON
    09-30-09 07:22 AM
    Thanks for the prompt replies. Well, have not tried battery pull, although im sure that would do the trick. I think battery pull and the fact that there is an app that simulates battery pull is a big disappointment for RIM and Nextel/sprint.

It works if i open telenav first, have not tried blackberry or google maps first

for my gps settings, i have:

GPS Data Source: Device GPS (although i have another option here that displays my friend's cell phone bluetooth name)
    GPS Services: Location On
    GPS Location: By Permission (Ive tried to use as Unrestricted, but did not have any effect)

Thanks again for the help
    09-30-09 02:33 PM
    I have two GPS apps (Blackstar and Poynt) that are having issues detecting satellites. Blackstar worked fine before. Within the last week or so, I have not been able to detect satellites on either app unless I start telenav and then go back to these apps and thats how they detect them. Is there something im missing? When I first installed these apps, I gave permissions to use GPS. Any help is appreciated.
    Hopefully you've updated to the latest firmware (OS). The very first release of the 8350i was not very nice to the GPS functions, it improved greatly in the updates.
    09-30-09 02:51 PM
    Are we still in .204?
    09-30-09 02:56 PM
    Are we still in .204?
    As of today, that's the newest official release.
    09-30-09 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD