Anyone know of a good running app that'll make use of GPS and will track my distance, pace, calories burned, etc? Basically all the features of an average treadmill display, while I run outdoors. I hate treadmills, i prefer running outside and would like to keep record of all these things once i'm done.

I run 6-8 miles a day so I dont mind paying for app either, since i'll use it often.

Im sure Iphone has something, I hope the BB does too!
    06-02-09 07:13 AM
    Would be a nice app. I heard something about that but all the features are in separated apps...
    06-02-09 07:41 AM
    I think something like that would be cool, I work in a running store and to get that kind of functionality from a watch aint cheap. surely there are enough sat nav apps for somebody to be able to adapt one.
    06-02-09 07:49 AM
    never used this but have read about it - could be a possible solution....

bbTracker - Trac
    06-02-09 07:49 AM
    Sanoodi is one, GPSLogger another, and GPSEd, and bbTracker mentioned above

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 08:15 AM

from RSS of crackberry

http://crackberry.com/gpslogger-free...-your-movement
    06-02-09 09:05 AM
    I use AllSport GPS platinum. You can purcharse in the BB app store. It has a website where your activities are uploaded to. Nice app.
    06-02-09 09:25 AM
    SportyPal | Free tracking mobile application for all GPS enabled phones, for free it's really good, i have bold 9000, it should works on Curve also
    11-12-09 08:28 AM
    I used Sanoodi for a while until my bike was stolen. It plots your GPS co-ordinates at a user-specified time interval, and when you're done, it uploads the info to their website. You can see and manipulate your route which is overlaid on Google maps. It has things like elevation, time, distance -- no calorie options though.

The web interface was a little quirky, but they may have addressed those issues. It's built around a sharing community where you can view and download other users' routes.

It's free too.
    11-12-09 08:43 AM
    i've tried allsport and roadrunner. you can download the trials from the app world. allsport worked 100% of the time for me but i think it's pricey at $14-19 dollars. roadrunner is only $5 but i never got the trial version to hold a gps signal.
    11-12-09 08:52 AM
    SportyPal is definitely a good choice for jogging, i have been using it for one week, jogging and skiing especially.
    03-15-10 04:24 AM
    Download Allsport GPS from blackberry app world. I just downloaded it and it does everything you have mentioned you wanted the program to do. It tracks your route with amazing accuracy and tells you how much calories you've burned, average speed, average pace, how long you rested, and how long you ran for. After your run you can see your route either on your phone, or on the Allsport website (Trimbleoutdoors.com) Once here you can See a map of your route and all the information you would want. It uploads to your route to your account as soon as you click end run.

PS: I use the verizon blackberry storm 1.
    04-05-10 01:36 PM
    I use Roadrunner GPS for Verizon and its great....tracks miles, calories, has a free 14 day trial and after to purchase its $5 or something like that.....only thing is I am trying to find a app that will track all this and still be able to play music as I jog......anyone know of any??
    07-20-10 03:48 PM
    I use Roadrunner GPS for Verizon and its great....tracks miles, calories, has a free 14 day trial and after to purchase its $5 or something like that.....only thing is I am trying to find a app that will track all this and still be able to play music as I jog......anyone know of any??
    Download Sportypal from sportypal.com
    turn on your music player make your proffered play-list, put it to work in behind by pressing the red (end call button) go start sportypal, and enjoy your music while jogging
    07-21-10 03:02 AM
    Download Sportypal from sportypal.com
    turn on your music player make your proffered play-list, put it to work in behind by pressing the red (end call button) go start sportypal, and enjoy your music while jogging

Actually I got my Roadrunner GPS to work as I play music....as you stated once I start Roadrunner GPS jogging app I can go into my music and play my music......I was setting up my music and playing and then going in to Roadrunner GPS Jogging app and then would cut out on me.....Roadrunner is the best App I think for the 14 day trial and $5 purchase after that.
    07-22-10 03:13 PM
    My new app BBSpeedOMeter will allow you to play music as you jog. its really designed for cycling but its effective running too.

functions include: spee, average speed, max speed, distance, time, gradient, elevation, total climb, history, profile graph, maps integration.

its half price this month @ $2.49 and this will include a free upgrade to vesion 3 which is comming in a couple of months that will include integration with twitter/facebook, output to google earth, ghost(race) previous runs on a route, and much more

BBSpeedOMeter - Sports & Recreation BlackBerry Apps

BBSpeedOMeter - Sports & Recreation BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Apps Store
    07-23-10 08:11 AM
    Can you run this app and your Pandora Radio on the BB at the same time??

08-02-10 09:55 AM
    I think all of these apps should work together without any problems

08-02-10 12:12 PM
    You know what I am not sure but Im pretty sure you can.....I have thumbplay music and iheart radio so I gonna see if I can run that music as well as jogging but i don't think it should an issue. I'll know tonight and get back to you.
    08-03-10 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD