I've used Search to no avail and unable to find what I need.

What I need is a GPS app that will store a track log and allow me download as a GPX file later.

GPSed is just such an app but it does not work on the 9530. Unable to locate any 3rd party app that will do this for the Storm.

Anyone?
    01-08-09 12:19 PM
    There is a thread in the GPS forum that suggests putting telenav on the phone even if you don't use it to make GPS work, in any case this is a *30 issue, not a storm specific one.
    01-08-09 12:21 PM
    Instamapper will let you download a gpx track from their website but I don't think you can get gpx data straight from the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 12:33 PM
    Try InstaMapper. It's like GPSed, but it works very well on the Storm. It allows you to view your track on Google Maps.

OTA link:
    http://instamapper.com/download/beta/GPSTrackerBB.jad

InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking
    01-08-09 01:00 PM
    GPSed can work on the Storm, just DL the version for the Bold.
    01-08-09 01:09 PM
    I am searching for a similar app that allows me do track and compare jogging distances and speed. I've already sent an email to Trimble Outdoors but they're not able to support the Storm due to "compatibility issues".

Is there an app that works on the Storm? Thanks in advance!
    01-11-09 12:34 PM
    I am searching for a similar app that allows me do track and compare jogging distances and speed. I've already sent an email to Trimble Outdoors but they're not able to support the Storm due to "compatibility issues".

Is there an app that works on the Storm? Thanks in advance!
    I would be interested in an app for jogging/biking as well. My only concern would be how to carry my Storm, if I put it in the holster to protect it from sweat it'd go to sleep and probably not track me.

I could probably work around that, but yes I would even pay for a good app that tells distance/speed/average speed, etc.
    01-28-09 02:50 PM
    Instamapper doesn't seem to be working - or I just haven't let it run long enough to actually send my location.

I fired it up and took my BB outside for about 10 minutes, it never did log my location. I'm going to just let it run as I drive home this evening and see what happens...

Does anyone know, when it says "Locating" and keeps cycling through 3 periods, is that ALL it shows, or should I be seeing some sort of display of location on the BB?
    01-28-09 04:56 PM

Did you disable Location Aiding?

It needs to be turned off for Instamapper to work.
    01-28-09 06:54 PM
    A special version of GPSed mobile application for BlackBerry Storm appeared!

Now Storm owners could also track and map their trips using GPSed.
    All features that you have already got accustomed to use in GPSed for other BlackBerry devices you will find in a Storm version.

From this moment there are two versions of GPSed for BlackBerry available: standard version for for those devices with 4.2., 4.3., 4.5., 4.6 OS and special version for Storm (4.7 OS). In the recent update of a standart version 1.2.1 several bug fixes were implemented.

GPSed has a free basic version but you can also get GPSed Pro with a new features which make it really efficient.

For those who are interested: Pro features are described in GPSed Blog:

• Lifetime support via e-mail;
    • �SOS� button for instant position alerts over SMS or email;
    • Live tracking with small time intervals.

You can get over-the-air installation on your device from GPSed wap site.
    To download desktop installation you can visit website of GPSed.
    02-02-09 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD