Hi Everybody,

I've been getting back into cycling and would like to use my blackberry to monitor rides. Avg speed, max speed, distance, and routes. So far I haven't found a free app that will do it (google maps, b* are pretty much what I've tried so far). I'm considering trying out Trimble but I'd rather not go subscription.

I'm also not too concerned about battery drain since I'm still out of shape and my rides aren't all that long yet.

I currently use my handheld garmin and that might still be the best solution. But I'd like to simplify if possible.

Also, anybody know of a good fishing log program? Might have to try trimble for that as well.

Thanks!
    05-07-09 01:34 PM
    05-07-09 01:36 PM
    Thanks bearkat, giving it a try.
    05-07-09 01:57 PM
    I use Sandooi
    05-07-09 06:43 PM
    I use Sandooi
    looks interesting as well.

GPSed worked pretty well once I got it setup. Basic info but pretty easy to use. I'll give sanoodi a try today as well.
    05-08-09 04:40 PM
    If gps-logger ever returns (programmer withdrew it for some reason), give it a try - a simpler version of gps-ed but you don't need to log in, etc.
    05-08-09 07:07 PM
    I really like Trimble Allsports. It costs $20 @ App World but it's worth it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-09 09:16 PM
    If gps-logger ever returns (programmer withdrew it for some reason), give it a try - a simpler version of gps-ed but you don't need to log in, etc.
    Hi,
    GPS Logger is Back! :-)
    do you know a Programm with i can import the recorded Tracks and become an Overview?

Greets Chriz
    05-27-09 10:36 AM
    Yup, gps-logger is back.

I am not sure I understand your question. Gps-logger creates files in a few formats which can be viewed on a computer. It creates Google-earth formatted files. That is a free program. And it produces two more universal formats that a number of other gps units and/or mapping software can display or load.

I have a garmin gps and it comes with Mapsource which shows the tracks on its maps. There was an application that I'm not sure exists any longer - Wissenbach Map3d. It would download the topo maps for the track. I'm not sure if it could use/find European maps.
    05-27-09 03:00 PM
    Thanks for your reply F2.

I mean an Overview about:
    1.Distance
    2.Time
    3.Speed
    4.etc..

for the Running Days. Like an Exel Chart. I hope my Question is now clearer.

Thanks in Advance
    Chris
    05-27-09 04:58 PM
    You might want to search for gpx in google. It is a text format and so you might be able to massage the data in Excel or some other way. gps-logger does have that info as a display but I don't know if it directly exports that info. But if you ask in the gps-logger thread he might be able to add that - he is very accommodating.
    05-27-09 08:06 PM
    Am I correct that for Verizon, only Storm and 8830 users are able to use GPS apps other than BB Maps and VZ Navigator? If so, the majority of Verizon users may be out of luck. I have researched and tried to use VZ Navigator to log distance when hiking to no avail. The closest I come is the follow me map, which I can not configure to log distance. I haven't found anything on BB Maps that will allow me to log distance either.
    Last edited by generic username; 06-02-09 at 12:53 PM.
    06-02-09 12:51 PM
    Am I correct that for Verizon, only Storm and 8830 users are able to use GPS apps other than BB Maps and VZ Navigator? If so, the majority of Verizon users may be out of luck. I have researched and tried to use VZ Navigator to log distance when hiking to no avail. The closest I come is the follow me map, which I can not configure to log distance. I haven't found anything on BB Maps that will allow me to log distance either.
    To be able to use 3rd party GPS applications, you will need to get a separate GPS receiver (also known as a puck).

I recently bought the Freedom Keychain 2000 from the CB Store, and now I have access to anything GPS.
    06-02-09 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD