Just got a new 8310 and am trying to set up GPS. When I go to:

OPTIONS===Advanced== GPS... I show GPS Data Source as DEVICE GPS

GPS LOCATION is blank.... Should this not say ON? Do I need an application loaded for this? I am probably going to down load NAV4ALL.

I have looked a Google Maps, but don't find an option to download for GPS also not sure Google has voice directions....

Any help is appreciated.
    08-02-08 02:40 PM
    Just got a new 8310 and am trying to set up GPS. When I go to:

OPTIONS===Advanced== GPS... I show GPS Data Source as DEVICE GPS

GPS LOCATION is blank.... Should this not say ON? Do I need an application loaded for this? I am probably going to down load NAV4ALL.

I have looked a Google Maps, but don't find an option to download for GPS also not sure Google has voice directions....

Any help is appreciated.
    GPS Data Source: Device GPS is correct.
    In my 8830, the second line reads "GPS Services" and the choices are "911 only" and "Location On." Since you are using the internal GPS, I believe you would want "Location On." I don't know what to make of "GPS LOCATION blank."

You have to download Google Maps OTA with your Blackberry. There have been posts on the forum in the last few days about Google Maps 2.2.2 having Voice Direction capability, but when I attempted to d/l it, I got version 2.2.0, that same as I already had. Try going to Google with your blackberry browser and see what you get.
    08-02-08 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD