What are the best GPS Nav app out there (FREE)!
    11-16-09 07:14 AM
    What are the best GPS Nav app out there (FREE)!
    Google Maps. I've tried looking for something free with voice nav and gave up and ended up using Telenav while I needed it. I've read about AmaZe and a few others, but last time I tried AmaZe it was BS. Theres also Garmin Mobile for BB if you want a 1-time purchase instead of a monthly subscription.
    11-16-09 07:21 AM
    +1 for Google.
    11-16-09 07:27 AM
    +1 for Google Maps

Free turn by turn GPS apps have all but gone now
    Amaze, Nav4all, Gokivo etc. are all starting to charge now... and they're pretty rubbish.

I use Telmap Navigator (8900 version) which works great. It's free for 14 days, then �4.95/month if you decide to keep it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 07:28 AM
    Yup, Google Maps. LOVE the street view, nothing freaks out my hillbilly buddies more than showing them pics of their home from Google Maps! They just know Big Brother is watching them from space now!
    11-16-09 08:27 AM
    They just know Big Brother is watching them from space now!
    ...was watching

Google is still showing a car on my driveway I owned 4 years ago!
    11-16-09 08:45 AM
    Is Garmin the only standalone gps app that does not need to use internet and can work only with gps on?
    11-16-09 09:13 AM
    Is Garmin the only standalone gps app that does not need to use internet and can work only with gps on?
    No, all the ones that supply maps on cards can work without internet. Garmin, TomTom etc use the network for traffic updates if you allow them, but it's not really a lot of data.
    11-16-09 09:18 AM
    No, all the ones that supply maps on cards can work without internet. Garmin, TomTom etc use the network for traffic updates if you allow them, but it's not really a lot of data.
    Sorry, what I meant to ask is exactly what you answered.

I only thought Garmin offered a standalone gps for BB, good to know tomtom does too. I am a tomtom fan, personally speaking, but i am unable to find the standalone tomtom for BB. Any links?
    11-16-09 09:21 AM
    Garmin Mobile for BlackBerry does not supply maps on a media card and does require an internet connection for maps. I don't know if they still offer a maps on card version or not. I know they once did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD