do i really need to have a gps plan on my account or is just a regular data plan on my account ok to use? i also find bb maps not that useful....anyone know if there's a better app?
    03-10-09 03:16 PM
    Use Google Maps.

All GPS programs use your data.
    03-10-09 03:25 PM
    You don't need to pay ur carrier any extra money (those snakes!!)

Using your data plan try any of the following;

GoogleMaps (probably the most reliable)
    amAzeGPS (The free alternative to buying a TBT GPS unit)
    Nav4All (Haven't used it in a few months so not sure how good it is now, but worked pretty well when I did use it...and it's free!)

Just make sure you have a data plan that can support atleast 25mb a month ...

I'm on Rogers' 6gb data and i've never surpassed 60mb so....
    03-10-09 03:36 PM
    really!? its because rogers charges $10 for this thing called telenav...any idea on what that is?
    03-10-09 03:37 PM
    really!? its because rogers charges $10 for this thing called telenav...any idea on what that is?
    Yeah, Telenav is pretty good, and worth it if you use GPS a lot. Before you do that, give Google Maps a try. You may find it does everything you need. It's free, and using it only cuts into your monthly data.
    03-10-09 03:40 PM
    Personally I think Telenav's surcharge is a slap in the face to any owner of a mobile device with a BUILT-IN gps unit. Considering the ridiculous data plans we have up here in Canada, this service should be free.

Nonetheless, Rogers always needs to rob its customers, so I find the three I listed are sufficient.

I used a TomTom 720 for about 2 weeks and couldn't justify owning a 400$ GPS unit after I got my bold - I use GoogleMaps and amAzeGPS on the regular.

Nav4All gives u a few more features and is actually quite fast (after the initial setup)
    03-10-09 03:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD