Write to DHS ICE OIT Chief and address your question. I do not speak for him.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Oh don't worry, the question wasn't directed at you, I don't even live in US, it's a general question against waste.
    11-01-12 06:53 AM
    So you agree it has nothing to do with security.

Edit: oh sorry you didn't say not considered, that was in an old thread when you said that.
    11-01-12 06:53 AM
    That's a good question, why are they wasting time and taxpayer money on testing products un-approved by their own standards?
    Are you claiming governments waste money and time? I am speechless. HAHAHA!
    11-01-12 06:58 AM

Edit: oh sorry you didn't say not considered, that was in an old thread when you said that.
    Kindly point out where I made that statement. And review what I have said.
    I an not keen on repeating myself multiple times in one thread.

11-01-12 06:58 AM
    That's a good question, why are they wasting time and taxpayer money on testing products un-approved by their own standards?
    I thought this was already addressed by ICE. They're afraid that RIM as a business might not make it for the long haul. What are they going to do if that happens? Buy 2nd hand Blackberries on eBay and Craigslist?
    richardat likes this.
    11-01-12 06:59 AM

Link to any statement I have made that says BB10 will not be considered.

11-01-12 07:01 AM
    While other platforms may not have the level of security(maybe never will) as a BlackBerry, the changing of devices was going to happen and I really believe that it was going to happen regardless of BB10 delays. If most ppl were that concerned about security, they would not ever leave BlackBerry. BlackBerries have so much more to offer than security that it seems that most tend to ignore that major feature after hearing it so much. Also, a lot of agencies were and are still looking f or deals- which is the main reason I'll also be carrying an iPhone 4S- again. Yep. Another one of those multi-platformers again. "All" platforms have strengths/weaknesses. Anyone assuming otherwise should bypass the flag waving, sword fighting rant threads and face some realities.

sent from my non-BlackBerry, made for big hands(too) device (*_~)
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-01-12 at 07:40 AM.
    richardat likes this.
    11-01-12 07:12 AM
    So...you are seriously arguing that, as the OP asserted, ios is unproven at this point for government use, but that based on reputation alone, we should assume an unreleased OS will be ready for government use? OUCH.
    LOL... yes. Yes, he is. Hilarious.

Nothing Qb has posted in this thread is inflammatory. It is easily understood with even a little reflection. It isn't anti-RIM; in fact, I daresay Qb has done more to get BB10 adopted by her wing than most of us.
    11-01-12 07:16 AM
    Link to any statement I have made that says BB10 will not be considered.

I have no desire to but I do remember it some time ago. Nothing against you or what you're saying other than none of this has anything to do with security because if it did then they wouldn't be changing to iOS or android that isn't the special android that probably doesn't do any more than current BBOS.
    11-01-12 08:03 AM
    While other platforms may not have the level of security(maybe never will) as a BlackBerry, the changing of devices was going to happen and I really believe that it was going to happen regardless of BB10 delays. If most ppl were that concerned about security, they would not ever leave BlackBerry. BlackBerries have so much more to offer than security that it seems that most tend to ignore that major feature after hearing it so much. Also, a lot of agencies were and are still looking f or deals- which is the main reason I'll also be carrying an iPhone 4S- again. Yep. Another one of those multi-platformers again. "All" platforms have strengths/weaknesses. Anyone assuming otherwise should bypass the flag waving, sword fighting rant threads and face some realities.

sent from my non-BlackBerry, made for big hands(too) device (*_~)
    But we're not talking people, we're talking governments with security standards set that they have to comply with otherwise they put you at risk.
    11-01-12 08:12 AM
    I'm not arguing with that, BB10 doesn't exist yet, but a company's security track record still counts for something and we can safely assume it will get FIPS.
    not released to public yet you mean. government agencies and corporstion have working version already

Sent from Blackberry Playbook using TapaTalk 2
    11-01-12 08:23 AM
    I take it nobody actually paid attention to the fact that the Pentagon noted they'd still be using large amounts of BB's but in addition to that, RIM has a bid in for BlackBerry Mobile Fusion to be the MDM solution for them. If won, they'd be the power behind ALL those devices, not just BlackBerry. Lol.

Guess the facts don't fit into the RIM is dead headlines.
    11-01-12 08:34 AM
    I have no desire to but I do remember it some time ago. Nothing against you or what you're saying other than none of this has anything to do with security because if it did then they wouldn't be changing to iOS or android that isn't the special android that probably doesn't do any more than current BBOS.
    So you claim that I have stated that BB10 will not be considered yet have no desire to link to that statement. OK.
    For the record, what I HAVE stated in the past is that I am gobsmacked by ICE's use of iOS since nothing compares to BES when it comes to monitoring, accountability, and control.
    What I have stated HERE is that BB10 is unproven, untested and hasn't got FIPS certification. I further mentioned that the PB had vulnerabilities.
    If it is your wish to leap from that to a misguided assumption that I am endorsing the use of iOS, then that is your prerogative.
    I am discussing facts, not engaging in smartphone war rhetoric.
    Show me where I have endorsed the use of iOS or Android over BB within and behind my agency's firewalls. Or ANY security minded agency. Once. Show me one statement. Try.
    The problem in this thread is the assumption that statements based on fact are proof of non BB endorsements. I am not making assumptions on what ICE's motives are, I go on their own documents and on the absence of any substantive evidence that BB10 is a proven platform TODAY.
    To anyone who wishes to engage in conjecture, assumptions, hopes, and beliefs all I say is you are welcome to it. I stand by facts as they are TODAY. And speak to them within the context of that reality.

11-01-12 08:40 AM
    not released to public yet you mean. government agencies and corporstion have working version already

What government agency and/or corporation has a working copy of BB10?

11-01-12 08:42 AM
    What government agency and/or corporation has a working copy of BB10?

We'll probably never know since media never cares about any good news about RIM?

For example they only report on RIM losing a corporate client but do they ever report on Rim getting any new corporate client? Because I'm sure they do all the time. You only hear about it maybe years later.

We never hear about a corporate client renewing their contract with RIM but we're to hear about it even if they test one iphone for a week.
    11-01-12 08:50 AM
    We'll probably never know since media never cares about any good news about RIM?

For example they only report on RIM losing a corporate client but do they ever report on Rim getting any new corporate client? Because I'm sure they do all the time. You only hear about it maybe years later.

We never hear about a corporate client renewing their contract with RIM but we're to hear about it even if they test one iphone for a week.
    I addressed THIS statement that government agencies and/or corporations already have working copies of BB10. Your entire statement above is conjecture.

11-01-12 08:54 AM
    Well boys this has been interesting but I must manage a deployment readiness call.

11-01-12 09:01 AM
    So you claim that I have stated that BB10 will not be considered yet have no desire to link to that statement. OK.
    For the record, what I HAVE stated in the past is that I am gobsmacked by ICE's use of iOS since nothing compares to BES when it comes to monitoring, accountability, and control.
    What I have stated HERE is that BB10 is unproven, untested and hasn't got FIPS certification. I further mentioned that the PB had vulnerabilities.
    If it is your wish to leap from that to a misguided assumption that I am endorsing the use of iOS, then that is your prerogative.
    I am discussing facts, not engaging in smartphone war rhetoric.
    Show me where I have endorsed the use of iOS or Android over BB within and behind my agency's firewalls. Or ANY security minded agency. Once. Show me one statement. Try.
    The problem in this thread is the assumption that statements based on fact are proof of non BB endorsements. I am not making assumptions on what ICE's motives are, I go on their own documents and on the absence of any substantive evidence that BB10 is a proven platform TODAY.
    To anyone who wishes to engage in conjecture, assumptions, hopes, and beliefs all I say is you are welcome to it. I stand by facts as they are TODAY. And speak to them within the context of that reality.

No I don't claim and never said you said that about bb10 but pb OS at that time. It was a thread that I'm sure was closed and it would take me weeks to hunt and find it so no I'm not that interested in finding it. If you're so hot about it find the thread and quote yourself and bring it back to throw it in my face which I could care less about anyway. I should not have quoted you as I was talking more about this entire thread bringing up security when the move has nothing to do with security. And I do remember you stating that your company would not even consider the pb at that time because it had been rooted.
    11-01-12 09:01 AM
    we're to hear about it even if they test one iphone for a week.
    LOL yeah. I always wondered why none of the analysts ever call Tim Cook out when he spouts that "94% of Fortune 500 companies are resting or deploying the iPhone or iPad" line. A nice followup like,

"you mentioned 94% of Fortune 500 companies are testing or deploying the iPhone or iPad. Can you provide more clarity and tell me the physical number of iPhones and iPads you actually sold to those corporations for deployment this quarter?"
    11-01-12 09:03 AM
    I addressed THIS statement that government agencies and/or corporations already have working copies of BB10. Your entire statement above is conjecture.

Have you missed this?

http://business.financialpost.com/20...10-sneak-peek/
    11-01-12 09:06 AM
    Show us where, in that article, it says that government officials have working copies of BB10.

Not saying it ain't true, but that article does not say that, and I am fairly certain you know it.
    11-01-12 09:14 AM
    No I don't claim and never said you said that about bb10 but pb OS at that time. It was a thread that I'm sure was closed and it would take me weeks to hunt and find it so no I'm not that interested in finding it. If you're so hot about it find the thread and quote yourself and bring it back to throw it in my face which I could care less about anyway. I should not have quoted you as I was talking more about this entire thread bringing up security when the move has nothing to do with security. And I do remember you stating that your company would not even consider the pb at that time because it had been rooted.
    That statement ABOUT THE PLAYBOOK is in the PB forum. And my agency WILL NOT consider it BECAUSE of Dingleberry. The pilot that I MANAGED AND ENDORSED within my agency was killed.
    This morning I have discussed BB10 and when a poster attempted to post evidence that BB10 had been approved prior to release, test and certification I mentioned the very obvious fact that the link was regarding the PB.
    Nothing I have stated is contradictory.
    If you wish to find my objections to Dingkeberry in the government workspace it should be easily found in that forum, way at the beginning of the Dingleberry discussion

I take it nobody actually paid attention to the fact that the Pentagon noted they'd still be using large amounts of BB's but in addition to that, RIM has a bid in for BlackBerry Mobile Fusion to be the MDM solution for them. If won, they'd be the power behind ALL those devices, not just BlackBerry. Lol.

Guess the facts don't fit into the RIM is dead headlines.
    Actually, I and others noted this in the Pentagon thread! Not sure exactly what you're talking about with "RIM is dead" headlines.
    Government officials being invited to a sneak peak event is very different from government actually having working copies...
    11-01-12 09:16 AM
    There is a vast world of difference between a dog and pony show and a working instance of BB10.

If that is your proof then I offer the idea that it proves nothing. A closer read is in order, as well as an understanding of a system deployment.

11-01-12 09:17 AM
481 1234 ...