Someone will always keep poking their head in here and there with the same chant over and over.
    Emotional feelings are actually being hurt by stating facts.
    BB10 is not currently FIPS certified. Get a handle on that people!
    The top secret services of government will not utilize a system that is not certified by the NIST!

This cult mentality that some BlackBerry owners have kinda scares me!
    This #BB10Believe thing is getting out of control!
    People will say anything nowadays. And... The chant continues.

I love my platform just as much as the next guy, but some are taking it to another level.
    This extreme fringe of BlackBerry users kinda turns me off, and I refuse to be part of this sub-cult.

Will they eat their words when CB posts headlines in the future that BB10 is certified?
    Or, will they forget that they all thought and stated that it it won't need certification because RIM had a history of secure devices?
    And ironically those same fringe people will be the first to complain about Apple users and cult like behavior.

I just shake my head now.

I've got blisters on me fingers!!! from using Tapatalk 2
    11-04-12 09:14 AM
    Very entertaining sequence. I had a good laugh over this one.

My opinion - the sock puppet account ought to be banned as per the rules. But there ought to be a consequence to the puppeteer. Because this action shows them to be dishonest, the puppeteer poster should be outed. This alerts the rest of the community as to who are the dishonest agents, and it is also a deterrent against such activities.
    Well...if I'm thinking of the same person as Q, he was banned what, like 4 months ago?
    11-04-12 09:19 AM
    Well...if I'm thinking of the same person as Q, he was banned what, like 4 months ago?
    Are we all thinking of a 5 letter name? 2nd letter O, last letter S?
    11-04-12 09:23 AM
    Let's watch it guys and not get too clear.

Don't want the ban hammer on us.

Let's just be obscure. We know. It's highly entertaining.

There have been events that have precipitated the sudden influx. Research is your friend. Go for it.

But let's not name anyone. Those are THEIR trash tactics.

Over...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 and BlackBerry Guy like this.
    11-04-12 09:35 AM
    Don't know who "T" was, but I do know people take this stuff way too serious. For me this is a hobby, though I do understand for some it is an important part of their job. I agree that we have to wait to see what BB10 will really bring to the table before crowning it the greatest os ever. I like diversity and hope technology keeps bringing new and exciting advances. Thus my hobby will keep me entertained.
    Yup it's a hobby.

For some it's important enough to resort to deceitful trashy tactics to influence a forum he hated and was banned from.

Entertainment value is high.

11-04-12 09:43 AM
    Yup it's a hobby.

For some it's important enough to resort to deceitful trashy tactics to influence a forum he hated and was banned from.

Entertainment value is high.

Haha. I hear ya. Can't imagine spending 10 seconds of my time sneaking around in forums just to start trouble. Like I said, it's a hobby. We should be helping each other.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-04-12 12:38 PM
    That link is irrelevant.

NOBODY is questioning QNX.

NOBODY is questioning BB.

What I said ten pages ago is that BB10 as an OS has not been released , tested, and been FIPS certified.

The PB Tablet OS WAS certified and it had a vulnerability that resulted in Dingleberry. Bad news for a company who had always been highly secure and which was using a highly secure core. Execution failure. It should have been air tight and IT WAS RELEASED WITH A VULNERABILITY. I would like to see anyone disputing THAT.

BB10 will also need FIPS certification.

The government will NOT put something behind firewalls without NIST approval.

If using an underlying OS means that subsequent iterations of that deployed OS do not require FIPS, kindly explain WHY BB OS 5, 6, and 7, which i found and then stopped because I really didn't want to waste time to go back further, ALL NEEDED TO BE FIPS APPROVED. ALL BB OSs, all had to go through FIPS. Is ANYONE saying that coding was so much more different between BB OS 5, 6. and 7 than between the PB and BB10? If so, why over a year's delay between one and the other? If it's the same OS, would the addition of a radio have cost almost two years' worth of development?

Stop and THINK about the ramifications of putting untested software, hardware, systems behind government firewalls simply because a company is using the base as one that was previously certified.

I'm out of here again. Anyone who wishes to continue on telling me that what my agency requires from me and which I have to adhere to every single day is purely a figment of my imagination and I'm engaging in wilful deceit....well.....have at it. I am talking about MY EVERYDAY JOB. Not conjectures, hyperbole, or deceipt.

NIST will have to approve BB10. One that little paper is issued BB10 is approved. Can't make it any clearer.
    Yes you can keep thinking the RTOS wasn't created to work on both a tablet and a phone. I think it was. When we see how the FIPS certificate was administered we will know.
    11-04-12 02:14 PM
    it wasnt "T" it was "V"
    11-04-12 02:22 PM
    it wasnt "T" it was "V"
    Oh, hiiiim
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-04-12 02:32 PM
    Yes you can keep thinking the RTOS wasn't created to work on both a tablet and a phone. I think it was. When we see how the FIPS certificate was administered we will know.
    Neutrino wasn't designed for a phone or a tablet. It was used as the base to build PBOS an will also be the base of BB10. The QNX microkernel is at the heart of both, as well as several functions from neutrino. But each OS is its own separate entity.
    11-04-12 02:32 PM
    it wasnt "T" it was "V"
    Lol I keep forgetting which of his alter egos was the most recent.
    11-04-12 02:33 PM
    Neutrino wasn't designed for a phone or a tablet. It was used as the base to build PBOS an will also be the base of BB10. The QNX microkernel is at the heart of both, as well as several functions from neutrino. But each OS is its own separate entity.
    If that was the case and RIM didn't create a QNX OS to work on both then why is BB10 going to able to be installed on both? It's one OS. On both.
    11-04-12 02:40 PM

Last edited by Qbnkelt; 11-04-12 at 02:54 PM.
    11-04-12 02:40 PM
    If that was the case and RIM didn't create a QNX OS to work on both then why is BB10 going to able to be installed on both? It's one OS. On both.
    I think some are quite a bit confused and continue to be steadfastly so...
    I think some have it all backwards...
    QNX was NOT designed to work with the PBOS nor BB10!
    The PBOS and BB10 were both designed to work on QNX!

These are 2 separate and independent OSs.
    1 platform.
    howarmat and mikeo007 like this.
    11-04-12 02:52 PM
    I think some are quite a bit confused and continue to be steadfastly so...
    I think some have it all backwards...
    QNX was NOT designed to work with the PBOS nor BB10!
    The PBOS and BB10 were both designed to work on QNX!
    As far as I know RIM create a version of QNX to use on mobile devices. Not 2 versions. I don' t know if a full version of QNX could even be put on a mobile device right now. It's very power hungry.
    11-04-12 02:55 PM
    it wasnt "T" it was "V"
    You mean past T here but present V there, no?
    11-04-12 02:57 PM
    As far as I know RIM create a version of QNX to use on mobile devices. Not 2 versions. I don' t know if a full version of QNX could even be put on a mobile device right now. It's very power hungry.
    RIM did not CREATE QNX. RIM USED QNX.

QNX has been in existence LONG before RIM using it.
    11-04-12 02:59 PM
    You mean past T here but present V there, no?
    no it was just "V"....no "T" at all
    11-04-12 03:02 PM
    RIM did not CREATE QNX. RIM USED QNX.

QNX has been in existence LONG before RIM using it.
    A "version". Not the full QNX OS.
    11-04-12 03:05 PM
    Umm. Maybe it's time to ditch the avatar..........
    Ya think?
    mikeo007 likes this.
    11-04-12 03:05 PM
    Seriously...SERIOUSLY? QNX...Power hungry? Wow...well I'm done with this conversation, it's like trying to teach a brick how to swim.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    11-04-12 03:06 PM
    A "version". Not the full QNX OS.
    Govt Agencies leaving Blackberry,...for iPhone and Android!  Oh my!-laptop-nope-imgur.jpg
    11-04-12 03:11 PM
    Actually it is.....what it is.....nothing else,no matter how much arguing back and forth.
    kraski likes this.
    11-04-12 03:12 PM
    That's it keep steering away from how many versions there are. It's working. 5 versions of QNX were created for RIM to use. One for each phone or tablet they want to release. Yes it requires multiple cores to run it. I used the wrong word. Oh no.
    11-04-12 03:13 PM
    That's it keep steering away from how many versions there are. It's working. 5 versions of QNX were created for RIM to use. One for each phone or tablet they want to release. Yes it requires multiple cores to run it. I used the wrong word. Oh no.
    Govt Agencies leaving Blackberry,...for iPhone and Android!  Oh my!-jiffm.jpg
    11-04-12 03:15 PM
481 ... 89101112 ...