It has been a while since I have been this amused with the community. I mean come on, how many of us knew these complaints would be coming? First people complain the Classic needs to be made, and when it arrives:
    "Ah the track pad feels nothing like BBOS!"
    "These physical buttons don't work well on BB10!"
    "The specs are horrible!"
    "This isn't what we were asking for!"

Well guess what?
    It is exactly what you were asking for, you just didn't know it.
    Your expectations were just unreasonable. At no point in time should anyone have really expected this phone to become a BBOS+ device. It is, and has always been, just a BB10 device with ornamental buttons. With BB10 controls, slightly adjusted to use those buttons.
    And the specs are too poor? Well guess what? BBOS specs were even worse, so if you would really be a true hold out (the target audience, no other BB10 device), the upgrade would be massive and appropriate.
    And finally: those 'classic' OS features we all asked for, are coming to any BB10 device now, which means they get a BB10 UI first and foremost. You should not expect them to be designed with the Classic in mind.
    No part of BB10 is or will be made specifically for the Classic.

I'm sure it will see some optimising to fix the true bugs, but aside from that the complaints just sound like they come from the phone blogs you/we all hate, that seem to have a totally wrong idea of what BB10 actually is/does.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    bungaboy, m1kr0, Frehley and 4 others like this.
    12-23-14 03:20 PM
    It has been a while since I have been this amused with the community. I mean come on, how many of us knew these complaints would be coming? First people complain the Classic needs to be made, and when it arrives:
    "Ah the track pad feels nothing like BBOS!"
    "These physical buttons don't work well on BB10!"
    "The specs are horrible!"
    "This isn't what we were asking for!"

Well guess what?
    It is exactly what you were asking for, you just didn't know it.
    Your expectations were just unreasonable. At no point in time should anyone have really expected this phone to become a BBOS+ device. It is, and has always been, just a BB10 device with ornamental buttons. With BB10 controls, slightly adjusted to use those buttons.
    And the specs are too poor? Well guess what? BBOS specs were even worse, so if you would really be a true hold out (the target audience, no other BB10 device), the upgrade would be massive and appropriate.
    And finally: those 'classic' OS features we all asked for, are coming to any BB10 device now, which means they get a BB10 UI first and foremost. You should not expect them to be designed with the Classic in mind.
    No part of BB10 is or will be made specifically for the Classic.

I'm sure it will see some optimising to fix the true bugs, but aside from that the complaints just sound like they come from the phone blogs you/we all hate, that seem to have a totally wrong idea of what BB10 actually is/does.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    Who are you talking to?
    12-23-14 03:25 PM
    I actually haven't heard any complaints. People seem to really like this device.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-14 03:28 PM
    Wow, you are so wise...
    This place has become such a joke recently with all the tools complaining about the most stupid things. These folks obviously have other issues going on in their lives...what better place to come to and complain about "my 5th Passport with two dead pixels", or "light bleed on the keyboard", "terrible build quality" You just have to laugh at these nobs!! really...Smile and wave...... Total agree OP... OH BTW, the Classic is way too heavy for me to carry around......and the battery SUCKS... All this is in jest of course. ...peace out.
    If you haven't seen any of the complaints I mean (not the legitimate ones like OS bugs, or hardware failures of course), be glad. I tend to browse these forums a lot to see if I can help people out, and I come across a lot of threads about issues that are simply not true, or obvious overreactions. Sometimes because the OP is just unaware of something, but mostly because expectations were just way off-base.

BB10 is an OS that has a pretty clear learning curve, even after all this time the most "Pro" users here are still finding new and easier ways to use the gesture based operations. The Classic is clearly not meant as a device that makes the OS easier or faster, it is meant as a device for those that feel uncomfortable giving up what they are used to "cold turkey". The tool belt gives them the option to keep using familiar operations, and then they can slowly learn all the touch based gestures and they will see how much more efficient most of it is (text selection aside, which can be cumbersome for some with touch only).
    12-23-14 05:46 PM
    A lot of fans made unrealistic statements about the Classic's appeal to current BB OS7 users prior to release. The barrage of comments about the Classic finally giving Bold 9900 users and corporations a reason to upgrade confused current users.

The name "Classic" certainly contributed to the confusion when the device is ultimately nothing like a classic Blackberry that is in the minds of the public. I know it's not practical to release another BB OS7 but that is what most consumers who don't keep tabs on Blackberry news would genuinely expect when purchasing the phone.

It didn't help that Blackberry targeted high profile BB OS7 users like Drake and Kim Kardashian expecting them to embrace the Classic as if it were a natural transition from a BB OS7 devices. Based on the high proportion of Blackberry BB OS7 defectors and the fact that Blackberry actually did write an entirely new OS, it is evident that BB10 does not appeal to BB OS7 users more so than iOS or Android. Most BB OS7 to BB10 users transitioned out of brand loyalty.

For all these reasons, the complaints about the device not being enough like a BB OS7 device were brought on by Crackberry and Blackberry.
    Last edited by sentimentGX4; 12-23-14 at 06:44 PM.
    12-23-14 06:27 PM
    Lol. Name one device release that does not follow this pattern.

Bold 99xx. Small battery. No autofocus camera. Tired OS which is nothing more than a souped up 6.1. Tilted trackpads.

Torch 985x. Plastic screen. Hideous unneeded physical buttons. Stiff buttons.

Z10. Battery too small. Email issues.

Q10. Dark screen.

Z30. 720p rez screen is too low.

Etc.

Complaints are sure to follow any release and folks getting their mitts on the device.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    Last edited by southlander; 12-23-14 at 06:51 PM.
    12-23-14 06:38 PM
    The classic is an amazing phone, it's only 2 years too late.
    wilber1 likes this.
    12-24-14 03:17 AM
    The classic is an amazing phone, it's only 2 years too late.
    Not too late if its successful.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 03:39 AM
    I haven't played with the Classic yet but I think it's a well deserve round of applaud from Blackberry users who are looking to upgrade.
    12-24-14 03:47 AM
    Lol. Name one device release that does not follow this pattern.

Bold 99xx. Small battery. No autofocus camera. Tired OS which is nothing more than a souped up 6.1. Tilted trackpads.

Torch 985x. Plastic screen. Hideous unneeded physical buttons. Stiff buttons.

Z10. Battery too small. Email issues.

Q10. Dark screen.

Z30. 720p rez screen is too low.

Etc.

Complaints are sure to follow any release and folks getting their mitts on the device.

Yes but all of the the above complaints are true. Don't forget the Q10 double typing fiasco.
    12-24-14 12:20 PM
    I agree OP, there have been a lot of complaints about the classic. At least the classic does not bend.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-14 12:56 PM
    Yes but all of the the above complaints are true. Don't forget the Q10 double typing fiasco.
    I didn't say they aren't valid in some cases -- just that it is inevitable that complaints follow the releases. Logically so.
    12-24-14 02:20 PM
    I wish a phone was the only problem i had in life.
    bakron1, jmr1015 and shaleem like this.
    12-24-14 02:28 PM
    Most of the business folks seem to like the device, it was just released, so give it some time.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    southlander likes this.
    12-24-14 05:07 PM
    Most of the business folks seem to like the device, it was just released, so give it some time.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    Possibly, but how do we know this? I have my doubts. Let us hope so. I just think that there is not a big difference between the wants of enterprise (employees) and regular consumers who prefer large screen all touch phones. I hope the niche is large enough to contribute to making the 10 million sales per year.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 12-24-14 at 10:33 PM.
    12-24-14 08:21 PM
    This place has become such a joke recently with all the tools complaining about the most stupid things. These folks obviously have other issues going on in their lives...what better place to come to and complain about "my 5th Passport with two dead pixels", or "light bleed on the keyboard", "terrible build quality" You just have to laugh at these nobs!! really...Smile and wave...... Total agree OP... OH BTW, the Classic is way too heavy for me to carry around......and the battery SUCKS... All this is in jest of course. ...peace out.
    Then leave.

Next...

BlackBerry hates America!
    12-24-14 10:24 PM
    Lol. Name one device release that does not follow this pattern...
    Don't forget the "Passport is too ugly and square" one

From a Z30
    12-24-14 10:44 PM
    Then leave.

Next...

BlackBerry hates America!
    I think he was joking
    southlander likes this.
    12-24-14 11:34 PM
    So who makes these poor designs anyway? Who said let's replace that beautiful shiny stainless steel trim with some dull grey version. Let's replace the smooth large back lit track pad with the tiny unlit bump. Who approved such a small battery on the Z10, the incredible cheapness of the Q5 and the 3.1 inch screen on the Q10? Who ordered a screen with only 295 PPI for the flagship phone. It just makes you wonder...
    12-25-14 01:04 AM