I got my blackberry on ebay, and it did come with the USB cable. I hook it up to my PC and it tells me I need a insert a CD. Is there anyway around this or do I need to buy that CD somewhere in order to use my blackberry with my PC?

Thanks!
    04-20-09 01:30 PM
    I got mine on Craigslist, so I know what you're talking about here.

Download the DM software directly from blackberry.com. Once you install that, it should immediately recognize your blackberry when you plug it in.

Edit: You can also download the DM software directly from Verizon. You can get it here.
    Last edited by liquidzoo; 04-20-09 at 01:38 PM.
    04-20-09 01:35 PM
    And download Desktop Manager 4.6 as opposed to 4.7.
    04-20-09 01:38 PM
    If you get the one without the Media Manager it's a much smaller (and therefore faster) download.
    04-20-09 01:39 PM
    ok I clicked the link, now do I go to "desktop software" and then type in my #?
    04-20-09 01:44 PM
    Exactly.

Then you'll be able to download what vzw has for DM software. Keep in mind that this may be a different version than you can get from Blackberry.com. If it's not version 4.6 (and is 4.7 instead), you might be better off getting the software from Blackberry directly.
    04-20-09 01:49 PM
    Exactly.

Then you'll be able to download what vzw has for DM software. Keep in mind that this may be a different version than you can get from Blackberry.com. If it's not version 4.6 (and is 4.7 instead), you might be better off getting the software from Blackberry directly.
    Ok great, thanks alot for your help!!
    04-20-09 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD