I was sitting down at Texas Roadhouse waiting to be seated after a day of car hunting with my downstairs neighbor, I was skimming through craigslist on my Storm looking for cars and glanced over only to see that there was an older gentleman dressed quite well sitting across from me rocking an 8330. So being the polite person that I am I asked him how he liked his Curve, he said he liked it very much...he then asked me if I was also using a Blackberry, I said yes, he then proceeded to tell me how I was too young (23yrs old) to even need a phone like that and said that Mom and Dad should have thought twice before buying me the phone.

OK here we go...first off I BOUGHT THE PHONE ON MY OWN ACCOUNT! I am a college student running a legit large scale mural media business and that uses every corner of the phone with the exception BES/BIS and most likely know more about what you can and can't do with a Blackberry than you will ever know. The nerve this guy had to call me out like that...I was shocked by his rudeness. Why would you act like this to a fellow user? I didn't say anything about the Storm to him or anything about who I was or what I did...he just flipped.

After his rant I started to laugh and explained to him that he may not see it but we are both business men and you just forgot the cardinal rule of successful business...NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING!

This is just a cry out to all BB users...please don't perpetuate the stereotype BB user (@$$hole) I have seen it everywhere and I have to say...some of us just like cool phones and some of us need powerful phones, but we all love our BlackBerries

easy berry ing out there people and good night (thanks for listening just felt like blowing off some steam )
    02-20-09 01:28 AM
    Some people should not be allowed to mingle with the general public. I just can't understand how these people seem to survive without an a** whooping every day! He was just too stupid to realize that if all people only got a BB when they absolutely needed it, then RIM would probably be out of business and he would still be sitting there trying to find another way to cope with his "little man" syndrome!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 01:36 AM
    I didn't know you had to be a certain age to own a certain kind of phone. People a lot younger than us have BBs.
    02-20-09 01:41 AM
    OMG that was real nasty on his part! What a creep! Obviously he is not part of our Crackberry family. Somebody call the Crackberry police for assault with a stupid weapon, his mouth!

I hope you feel better now, we all know that you need your berry... Wonder if he really needs his... Or even knows what a battery pull is!

02-20-09 01:42 AM
    Or what a battery insertion feels like, sideways, perhaps, hmmm?

02-20-09 03:24 AM
    stereotypes no doubt
    my sis is in the equivalent of college and i personally got her a bb for her christmas present

and she is now eternally grateful to me. upped her cool factor haha
    02-20-09 03:36 AM
    Come on, he was just jealous you had a newer bb. He's probably holding out for one of the newer ones later this year, if his heart lasts out...

02-20-09 05:30 AM
    That's kinda funny that he thought you were too young to own a BB, I wonder what that says about my 14 yr old having one and knowing all about how it works...mmm??

Chances are he's not a crackhead to have made the comments he did and it just goes to show that the phone doesn't make the person!
    02-20-09 05:41 AM
    I'm 18 and I have a BB - I like it - Much better than a "normal" phone. I have no need for email as I am no business person but I think its so cool and could not be without it xD

So stick that in your pipe and smoke it Mr. "Your too young" Curve owner
    02-20-09 05:46 AM
    reason 534,876 I keep to myself in public.... people are the most amazing creatures on the planet....

9/10 times you get an A-hole next to you..... sad really...

keep rockin fellow user.....
    02-20-09 06:26 AM
    That old man is just mad that he will leave this earth long before you... and not see the best and most amazing BB ever released which will come out 1 day after his departure.

Chuckle about that and know you have won.
    02-20-09 06:49 AM
    what a
    02-20-09 06:49 AM
    what a
    ROFL... thats awesome
    02-20-09 06:51 AM
    ROFL... thats awesome

well dang from what i just read that was the only thing that popped in my head! ppl like that just need to be smacked with their bb and wake up and smell the roses!
    02-20-09 06:57 AM
    Doesn't everyone either use BES or BIS ? LoL

02-20-09 07:35 AM
    OMG that was real nasty on his part! What a creep! Obviously he is not part of our Crackberry family. Somebody call the Crackberry police for assault with a stupid weapon, his mouth!

I hope you feel better now, we all know that you need your berry... Wonder if he really needs his... Or even knows what a battery pull is!

That was a Good One! I'm still LOL
    02-20-09 07:39 AM
    When I come across people like that I can't help but wonder what made them the way they are.
    02-20-09 08:11 AM
    He's probably just mad because he posted a stupid question here that's been answered like a ba-jillion times and the only answer he got was "Use the Search Function!"

Seriously, you should've asked him which OS he's rockin' and what he likes about its features. I guarantee he would've been the one with egg on his face.
    02-20-09 08:22 AM
    I just turned 50 awhile back...you're never too old or young to have a BB...and apparently the gentleman proved that you're never too old to be an *******...keep on doi'n what you do man....
    02-20-09 08:24 AM
    I suddenly like this old dude, if for no other reason than his unmeasurable attitude.

Seriously though, some people are just crotchety and bitter. While I agree to a certain extent that probably 75% of the kids we all see with BBs probably didn't pay for them and almost without a doubt don't need a phone like that, it's frankly silly and rude to get angry about it to some random young man in a cafe.

That being said, I still love this Old man for his unreasonable attitude and unwillingness to accept teenagers and young adults with their rock and/or roll music, Empty three players, and automatic cars. He is the Alphadouche.
    02-20-09 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD