I saw the thread about setting up a crackberry.com email and couldn't control myself and set one up. WOOHOO!!! It's so much fun. But for some reason, when I send out a email from that account, I get a copy of it sent to my bb. ?? How can I turn that off? Like I just went into gmail to send out a email to my brother, then I get a copy of that in my bb. Is that normal? I'm sure it's just a setting but I don't know how to turn it off HELP!!

TIA
    03-02-09 10:20 AM
    You need to create a filter that blocks those messages from being sent to your bb. You can find how to do it in the following link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...-853/#post7483

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 10:37 AM
    I don't think I have BIS. Is it free with Sprint? I just google'd it and looks like it's not free. So if it's not free, then there's no other way for me to filter the email from gmail?
    Last edited by christianethansmom; 03-02-09 at 10:52 AM.
    03-02-09 10:46 AM
    I don't think I have BIS. Is it free with Sprint? I just google'd it and looks like it's not free. So if it's not free, then there's no other way for me to filter the email from gmail?
    If you are using a data plan, you either have BIS (personal email) or BES (business and personal email). If it isn't a business phone then it's BIS. The Sprint BIS site is https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint. You can also use the email settings app on the bb to create the filter using the same steps.

03-02-09 11:32 AM
    Thanks so much!! Got it figured out
    03-02-09 12:40 PM
    I got the filter set up but now... my crackberry.com emails don't come through at all!! What should I do now??
    03-02-09 02:26 PM
    How do you have the cb email account and filter set up?

03-02-09 02:56 PM
    How do you have the cb email account and filter set up?

I set up the cb email here. at the top of the screen, I see the accounts tab and set it up through there. As far as filters, which ones are you referring to? BIS or gmail?

I went in to my BIS account and set up the filter and choose ' FROM field' and entered my gmail addy. But my default email address is my crackberry address so all the emails are still being sent through. Does that make sense? If I changed the FROM field to my crackberry address, the filter works but no emails come through at all. Not even the inbox ones.
    Last edited by christianethansmom; 03-02-09 at 03:25 PM.
    03-02-09 03:20 PM
    I set up the cb email here. at the top of the screen, I see the accounts tab and set it up through there. As far as filters, which ones are you referring to? BIS or gmail?

I went in to my BIS account and set up the filter and choose ' FROM field' and entered my gmail addy. But my default email address is my crackberry address so all the emails are still being sent through. Does that make sense? If I changed the FROM field to my crackberry address, the filter works but no emails come through at all. Not even the inbox ones.
    From what I get from what you typed, you have your cb email forwarded to your gmail account with the cb account as the default account. Then this is filtered by the BIS account to remove any duplicates sent from your gmail account. This is so far the correct way of solving the duplicate sent email problem. But settng your cb address to filter will cause a problem since it is being forwarded to the gmail account since the from will have the cb address.

03-02-09 03:44 PM
    From what I get from what you typed, you have your cb email forwarded to your gmail account with the cb account as the default account. Then this is filtered by the BIS account to remove any duplicates sent from your gmail account. This is so far the correct way of solving the duplicate sent email problem. But settng your cb address to filter will cause a problem since it is being forwarded to the gmail account since the from will have the cb address.

I just feel like I'm going around and around. If I set it up properly, I can't stop the copies of emails from coming through. If I change the field address, none of my emails come through. I'm so frustrated.
    03-02-09 03:54 PM
    It sounds like you almost have it pinned down, try removing just the CB filter and see what that does.
    03-02-09 04:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD