I also think VZ Nav is great and can't understand the constant search to circumvent it (including paying for the Garmin Mobile app) ... for a lousy $10 a month you get excellent turn by turn directions .

Why spend 10 a month when you don't have to. I have 3 storms for myself, my wife, and daughter.
    All of a sudden that lousy 10$ a month is 360$ a year.
    Im a head of a family that lives on Long Island in NY. Taxes are insane. Mortgages are even crazier. I'll keep my 360$ and catch some Broadway plays and tour some museums with the money and I'll use g.maps to get there.
    03-02-09 09:52 AM
    Why spend 10 a month when you don't have to. I have 3 storms for myself, my wife, and daughter.
    All of a sudden that lousy 10$ a month is 360$ a year.

amen...
    03-02-09 12:58 PM
    I also think VZ Nav is great and can't understand the constant search to circumvent it (including paying for the Garmin Mobile app) ... for a lousy $10 a month ....<snip>
    Because most people don't actually need audible turn by turn directions and other bells and whistles. Those extra features are a luxury. Heck even the free BBmaps and Google Maps is a luxury. Anybody with a map can find pretty much any inhabited point on earth.

So that $10 a month can be better spent on another service I would deem more important. I couldn't justify paying $10 a month on something that gets no more use than a free alternative just so I could have bragging rights when comparing phones with the guy next to me.
    03-02-09 02:04 PM
153 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD