I downloaded this application today and installed it on my Bold.

I had a few issues with getting Google Voice to pick up right away when calling from my Blackberry, and turned out that I had to edit the settings for this number to allow automatic login (without a PIN) AND also have it selected as a phone to forward all my calls.

Now that Google Voice picks up right away, GVdialer can do its thing.

I am having some intermittent issues with GVDialer not interacting with the Phone app sometimes. I get the following message:

GVdialer is inactive due to a third party application conflict. If you encounter this message again, please reset your phone by pulling out the battery.
    To turn off this message open GVdialer and set 'Use GVdialer' to 'Off'. (Message #70).
    I have been able to place one call succesfully, but other times I have seen the progress bar screen get stuck at 17% and I can hear Google Voice prompting for action and nothing is happening.

I have deleted all the unused applications I had on my phone, and I currently have the following installed:

A personal assistant (Pageonce)
    Amazon.com
    BBWeather
    CaptureIt
    ECOE
    Facebook 1.5 (leaked version)
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Google Sync
    Google Talk
    GPS Tracker
    GVdialer (of course)
    Prince of Persia Classic
    Qik
    Shazam
    SignalLoc
    Slacker Mobile for BlackBerry
    SocialScope
    Speedtest
    VibAndRing
    vlingo
    Windows Live Messenger

I don't know which one of those might be causing the conflict. I have reset my phone twice already and I can't get GVdialer to work consistently.
    04-12-09 04:16 PM
    I couldnt get it to make one single call out. It initially routed me to google voice, and the number keys didnt work to make menu choices.

Nice idea, but useless as it stands right now.
    04-12-09 04:57 PM
    Same here....got the conflict error. Hopefully the developer reads these boards and can address the issue.
    04-12-09 07:57 PM
    This app is still very beta but with much potential. Two issues:

1. GVdialer is inactive due to a third party application conflict. If you encounter this message again, please reset your phone by pulling out the battery.
    To turn off this message open GVdialer and set 'Use GVdialer' to 'Off'. (Message #70).

2. If I hit Menu while in a contact and choose dial with GVdialer, the call goes out just fine...BUT it's calling me. Rings and rings then goes to my own vmail.
    04-12-09 11:31 PM
    Hey guys,

Is there any way for me to get signed up with google voice? I'm not a grand central member...

However, I do have a Storm and would love to test it out for you on my storm, if someone can get me set up with google voice!

PM me with any info! Thanks!
    04-12-09 11:51 PM
    Hey guys,

Is there any way for me to get signed up with google voice? I'm not a grand central member...

However, I do have a Storm and would love to test it out for you on my storm, if someone can get me set up with google voice!

PM me with any info! Thanks!
    You must request and invite. Very similar to how Gmail used to be setup.
    04-12-09 11:56 PM
    You must request and invite. Very similar to how Gmail used to be setup.
    I have requested it via the google voice site, but it says it will be a few weeks. I got into Gmail pretty early, so didn't have to worry about that.

Does anyone on here have an invite they can send me, or no?

Thanks!
    04-12-09 11:59 PM
    I have requested it via the google voice site, but it says it will be a few weeks. I got into Gmail pretty early, so didn't have to worry about that.

Does anyone on here have an invite they can send me, or no?

Thanks!
    Hmmm. I was a Grand Central user and only had to wait a few days. Not sure how to help you on this one. My suggestion is to wait out on your invite; once you get it, return here to see if testing is still going on.
    04-13-09 12:01 AM
    Alrighty, I guess I'll do that.

In the mean time, if anyone on here has invitations they can give out (not sure if google voice does it like gmail did), I'd love one!

Thanks, I'll keep checking in!
    04-13-09 12:02 AM
    Google Voice isnt doing invites at the moment... I got in from being a GrandCentral user
    04-13-09 07:54 AM
    I downloaded this application today and installed it on my Bold.

I had a few issues with getting Google Voice to pick up right away when calling from my Blackberry, and turned out that I had to edit the settings for this number to allow automatic login (without a PIN) AND also have it selected as a phone to forward all my calls.

Now that Google Voice picks up right away, GVdialer can do its thing.

I am having some intermittent issues with GVDialer not interacting with the Phone app sometimes. I get the following message:

I have been able to place one call succesfully, but other times I have seen the progress bar screen get stuck at 17% and I can hear Google Voice prompting for action and nothing is happening.

I have deleted all the unused applications I had on my phone, and I currently have the following installed:

A personal assistant (Pageonce)
    Amazon.com
    BBWeather
    CaptureIt
    ECOE
    Facebook 1.5 (leaked version)
    Gmail
    Google Maps
    Google Sync
    Google Talk
    GPS Tracker
    GVdialer (of course)
    Prince of Persia Classic
    Qik
    Shazam
    SignalLoc
    Slacker Mobile for BlackBerry
    SocialScope
    Speedtest
    VibAndRing
    vlingo
    Windows Live Messenger

I don't know which one of those might be causing the conflict. I have reset my phone twice already and I can't get GVdialer to work consistently.

With regards to the error message, here's what GVdialer Support sent to me. It has corrected my issue thus far. Keep in mind, you can't delete your only forwarded number, so you must create a dummy, save it, and then delete and re-add your forward.

Please follow these steps to get the problem solved:

Login to your Google Voice account on the web

Go to Settings->Phones and check whether your mobile phone number is listed among your phones.

o If it is listed, please delete it. Then, click on Add a new number and re-add your mobile phone number.

o If it is not listed, click on Add a new number and add it.

Your call should now get connected and reach the number you have dialed
    04-13-09 08:42 AM
    does GV support canadian number? i tried lookin for toronto but couldn't find it.
    04-13-09 09:33 AM
    I too am having the same issues with the warning about the 3rd party applications.

However, after following the instructions from mscooley I am able to place calls from GVDialer. I still get the 3rd party app error when hanging up from the call, which is quite annoying.

Hoping to get a response from their support address and will share any relevant info here.
    04-13-09 10:06 AM
    I too am having the same issues with the warning about the 3rd party applications.

However, after following the instructions from mscooley I am able to place calls from GVDialer. I still get the 3rd party app error when hanging up from the call, which is quite annoying.

Hoping to get a response from their support address and will share any relevant info here.
    Hey. I'm not getting the 3rd party message at all now. I'm sure you've already done this, but have you checked your permissions for GVDialer. I have all of mine set to Allow for everything. Give that a shot.
    04-13-09 10:21 AM
    Hey. I'm not getting the 3rd party message at all now. I'm sure you've already done this, but have you checked your permissions for GVDialer. I have all of mine set to Allow for everything. Give that a shot.
    Yeah, I am still getting the error after I complete a call via GVDialer. I checked and all my permissions are set to "Allow" as well - thanks for the tip though.

Just got a response from Mobile-Max on this issue -

"Thanks for a detailed & helpful email.

We identified the cause of the error message you are receiving & a fix will soon be made available. Once the fix is available we will notify you by email.

As we are currently on Beta we do appreciate your feedback & patience."

Let's hope they are able to get this resolved relatively quickly.
    04-13-09 10:42 AM
    Yeah, I am still getting the error after I complete a call via GVDialer. I checked and all my permissions are set to "Allow" as well - thanks for the tip though.

We identified the cause of the error message you are receiving & a fix will soon be made available. Once the fix is available we will notify you by email.

Awesome!! Look at you scoring an update! Thanks for sharing.
    04-13-09 10:46 AM
    Yea, I got the same email as well. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. I have been trialing CardKaller for use with GV. Works great but you need to select it for each call. It is also in beta but is currently offering a 90 day trial. Also, its $20 vs $10 for GVDialer.

04-13-09 11:27 AM
    With regards to the error message, here's what GVdialer Support sent to me. It has corrected my issue thus far. Keep in mind, you can't delete your only forwarded number, so you must create a dummy, save it, and then delete and re-add your forward.

Please follow these steps to get the problem solved:

Login to your Google Voice account on the web

Go to Settings->Phones and check whether your mobile phone number is listed among your phones.

o If it is listed, please delete it. Then, click on Add a new number and re-add your mobile phone number.

o If it is not listed, click on Add a new number and add it.

Your call should now get connected and reach the number you have dialed
    I did this. Actually I noticed that Google Voice would not pick up right away when calling my GV number. I deleted my cell phone from the portal, added it again, made sure I selected Pinless login and made sure that my phone was selected to receive forwarded calls. If any of these things were not set, Google Voice will NOT pickup the call right after you dial and GVdialer will not work.
    04-13-09 12:52 PM
    Got another response from GVDialer support. They should have a fix for the 3rd Party dialing issue in the next 7-10 days.
    04-13-09 11:38 PM
    *Waits patiently for a Google Voice account*
    04-13-09 11:58 PM
    Sweet. I'm 100% sold on the growth of this app and purchased my license last night!!
    04-14-09 10:44 AM
    Can't get this to work at all....hopefully the update will help.
    04-14-09 11:31 AM
    You can also use your BB browser and go to http[://]voice[dot]google[dot]com/ -- they have a mobile version of the website, and let you search your contacts and initiate calls.
    04-14-09 05:53 PM
    Received another update from the GVDialer Team Friday in respect to "third party app" issues.

We would like to inform you that although a fix for OS versions v4.6 & v4.7 is available, there will be a slight delay with releasing the fix for OS version v4.5.
    We expect it to be ready by the middle of next week.

Since I am still running an 8300 with OS 4.5, I wait......

--Joey
    04-20-09 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD