Does anyone have experience using Google Sync with Blackberry?

When I first installed Google Sync and I then synced, I had duplicates of many contacts. I then deleted the duplicates - in gmail on my computer. When it synced next, blackberry showed 31 deletes, but duplicates in my address book were still there.

What am I doing wrong or not understanding?

The calendar sync seems to be doing fine.
    02-01-09 09:37 AM
    It's only a 1 way sync from the BB to the Gmail. So deleting the contacts from Gmail only will not delete them from the BB.
    02-01-09 09:40 AM
    Is the calendar a one-way sync also? Thanks.
    02-01-09 09:56 AM
    umm, I beg to differ. Both contacts and calendar are a two way sync....or at least they have been for me.
    02-01-09 10:00 AM
    make sure your deletes are in the "MY CONTACTS" gmail category. that is the only category that syncs.
    02-01-09 10:02 AM
    just checked - contacts are in the My Contacts section, but it still appears to be a one-way sync. Ugh
    02-01-09 10:08 AM
    It's definitely a two-way sync, at least on my end.
    What version of Google sync do you have? I'm running 0.5.13. There were problems with older versions.
    Only other thing is I have sync set to "automatic" and the "sync contacts" checked. But check your version first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 01:17 PM
    I second the last poster's input. I get 2 way sync on contacts with the newest google sync. I had first put up contacts on google with conjola (before google sync had contacts included) and had some screwed up info. I can now correct them on google and the corrections will sync down to the Blackberry. Definitely 2 way sync here.
    02-01-09 04:39 PM
    Ive never had a sync problem. And..it IS 2 way.
    02-01-09 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD