So I have SNAP and signed into my Google account with it even though I've never had an Android phone, just gmail and google voice. I was looking at the Google Play Store via my browser just now and saw the following:

Google Play Store states apps are compatible with my Z10!?!-screen-shot-2014-02-10-3.54.09-pm.png

So the Google Play Store knows that I am using a Z10 from T-Mobile, and is saying that apps, in this case SlingPlayer is compatible. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to buy apps from the Play Store without an Android device, because I think once they have been bought, SNAP can get them, but I have read that you can't buy them with SNAP?
    02-10-14 03:14 PM
    I did notice, but I figured it was because play store was installed on my device.Google Play Store states apps are compatible with my Z10!?!-capture.png
    02-10-14 03:21 PM
    It's because Snap acts as Google Play and registers your device, hence why you need to login with your Google account. Nothing more. And yes, not trying to sound mean, but many people have noticed this already.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-10-14 03:21 PM
    Dunno, mate...working for me:

Google Play Store states apps are compatible with my Z10!?!-untitled.jpg
    02-10-14 03:26 PM
    It's because Snap acts as Google Play and registers your device, hence why you need to login with your Google account. Nothing more. And yes, not trying to sound mean, but many people have noticed this already.
    Exactly this. You can play with this yourself if you want. Install Android in a VM and you can pretty much make whatever device name you want show up there. Swiftkey can be compatible with your Ford Taurus if you want it to say that...
    02-10-14 06:27 PM
    So I have SNAP and signed into my Google account with it even though I've never had an Android phone, just gmail and google voice. I was looking at the Google Play Store via my browser just now and saw the following:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen shot 2014-02-10 at 3.54.09 PM.png 
Views:	996 
Size:	43.2 KB 
ID:	246645

So the Google Play Store knows that I am using a Z10 from T-Mobile, and is saying that apps, in this case SlingPlayer is compatible. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to buy apps from the Play Store without an Android device, because I think once they have been bought, SNAP can get them, but I have read that you can't buy them with SNAP?
    You can buy apps on the Google Play website and then download them with the latest SNAP. Do it at your own risk though because some apps work while others don't.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 06:44 PM
    Some other poster noted that Amazon will refund if the app doesn't work......just saying....not sure about playstore.

Posted via CB10
    BryanVilla likes this.
    02-10-14 06:57 PM