Hey all..

So I added the BB data juuuust to see what the hype is all about. I figure try it out for a month and whatnot.

Anyway...as I sit here on a DL frenzy...I was playing with Google Maps. I wanted to test something out with my WiFi connection...sooo I disable my Mobile Network (radio off). And all I am connected to is the WiFi connection...and guess what...

Google Maps works....!

I turn off WiFi just to confirm this and the maps no longer load, just the last map that was loaded remains in the screen. I turn WiFi back on and leave the mobile network shut off and Google Maps is back up and running.

So my question...is the EDGE network infact OFF when you have the mobile network connection turned off...? I would imagine soo...because if this is true that would mean that since I have the service books and whatnot, Google Maps is in fact working over WiFi...hmmm

Interesting...oh, and the Gmail App does the same thing....but Opera Mini does not work.
    04-25-08 09:44 AM
    WiFi does use the Edge network from my understanding.
    04-30-08 01:04 AM
    EDGE is OFF when you turn the radio off. In other words, EDGE is the cell towers.

Patrick
    04-30-08 05:23 AM
    It might work awhile but as soon as you get rid of the data plan, Im sure it will stop working.
    04-30-08 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD