I'm sure there has been several discussions about this subject but I just wanted to get everyone's opinion on this. Which application is better for me? I am currently using a Blackberrry Curve 8330 from Sprint. I am big fan of Blackberry Maps but Google has added the new lattitude options which looks very interesting. So which one uses the least amount of power on the power and takes up the least amount memory. Finally, which one of the two, is more intuitive? What does everyone think?
    04-21-09 04:58 PM
    Blackberry maps shows your MPH in relative to your GPS location.. Google Maps does not.

What I prefer to either of them? Windows Live.

Open your browser on your BB and go to Home - Windows Live and download the Live Search..it's awesome!
    04-21-09 05:16 PM
    Wouldn't it be more important to know which one works better? I've used bb maps before and it was frustrating. I used the search function to find some of my favorite restaurants. None would show up unless I was within like a 3-5 range of the restaurant. Knowing that, I delted the app. Knowing that I could search for a place I needed at the time and that it might not show up if I wasn't close enough was a big negative. Turn by turn was nice but not needed for me. It might have changed since last year but I'm not going to try it.
    Googlemaps is what I use everytime I need directions. Its very easy to use, navigate. The latitude feature you mentioned, just sounds pointless, unless u wanna spy on ur friends maybe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 05:25 PM
    I use the both for different reasons sometimes at the same time. They both have their strengths and weaknesses.

BBMaps consistently works with the internal GPS. Because of the way Google Maps interacts with the GPS chip, it's less consistent.

Google Maps has a superior interface, in my opinion, and is very useful for search for points of interest. But BBMaps does a good job of searching as well.

Visually, I prefer Google Maps. But functionally, they are both good.

And I love Google Latitude if just for the geek factor.

To the OP, the 8330 has lots of room (as compared to the other Curves), so I wouldn't imagine that you would need to choose between them necessarily.
    04-21-09 08:52 PM
    BB Maps and Google maps are great apps. but I really prefer Google maps more than BB maps. because it can tell me where I am. or I can walking on street meanwhile I look dot move like compass where I am. Therefore, Mobile Google Maps is a superior above BB map. yahoo maps and WLM Maps.

I am now huge fan of Google apps for Mobile/Blackberry than ever!

Google maps is everything thats what you looking for.
    04-22-09 12:14 AM
    Used and removed both. As MoMama says they both have their
    good points and their bad. That Latitude thing however annoys
    me. I wreaks havoc on my memory and truth to tell I find it
    as silly as all the other "stalker" apps.

My mapping solution is: Nav4All - voice guided navigation. I don't
    have to read and drive.

TellMe - there is no better BB app IMHO
    04-22-09 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD